•A world Cup followed by IPL-4 and acouple of high profile Test Series willhave over a billion people watching thegame across the world.•Over $1.5 billion worth of commerce islikely to happen around thesetournaments.
• Players charging a lot for brand endorsement deal.• The cricket season might add to the growth of LCD TV market.
• In term of viewership this might be cricket’s biggest year.• $ 3 million was spend on opening ceremony of world cup.• ICC plans to reach out to a billion people through live broadcast of cup.• A 10-second advertisement spot during the cup is likely to cost Rs 3.5 lakh.
• The ICC has enter into long term sponsorship contract with 10 companies for $1.1 billion,• About $ 1 billion sponsorship revenue is likely to be generated in this tournament,• About Rs 1000 cr is being spent on refurbishing stadium in Indian subcontinent,• Rs 400 crore worth of ticket will be sold between Jan and Feb.
• 1979- 10000 euro to winner and 4000 euro to runner up• 1983- 20000 euro to winner• 1987- 30000 euro to winner and 1500 euro to winner of group matches• 1992- $250000 to winner• 1999- first time prize money crosses $ 1 million• 2003- $ 2 million• 2007- $ 2.5 million
• And now in 2011 world cup prize money pool doubles to $ 10 million
• IPL improving reach – 143 million in2010 from 102 million in 2008,• IPL could attract Rs 600crore to Rs 650 crore in advertising (spend),• World cup is too dependent on the Indian team performance ,• IPL is more proven format and advertiser are willing to bet huge money on it.
• Football is the most watched sports globally then the cricket• Reason behind for poor cricket show are –1) Cricket is played and followed in fewer countries, 2) FIFA aim to maximize viewership by selling rights to free–to-air channels across the world , whereas ICC sells its right to pay channel.
• GROWTH OF CRICKET IS SYNONYMOUS WITH INDIA’S RISING INFLUENCE IN THE GAME• IF INDIAN TEAM MAKE IT TO FINALS MEN IN BLUE WON’T BE THE ONLY ONES SMILING.