Elements of Literature Project: Part II
Objective: SW identify the characteristics and elements of fiction including
setting, character, and plot.
• Paper (one separate sheet for each night’s assignment)
• Pencil, Pen, Crayons, or Colored Pencils
• Class Notes
• Reading Log
1. TASW discuss the project directions in class. Examples of each
assignment will be provided as the material is taught IN CLASS.
2. SW complete parts of the project the night the material is taught
3. On Tuesday night, SW draw and label a picture of each
vocabulary word’s meaning.
4. On Wednesday night, SW complete a character sketch for one of
the characters you’re reading about at home.
5. On Thursday night, SW draw a picture of the setting for one of
the stories you’re reading.
6. On Friday night or over the weekend, SW create a plot diagram
for one of the stories you’re reading.
7. SW staple all pages of the assignment together and attach it to his
or her weekly homework assignment.
8. SW make sure each page has the proper classroom heading.
9. SW return completed project and normal weekly homework on
______________ at the beginning of class.
• 10 points – All sections of the assignment are complete and correct.
• 7 points – Many section of the assignment are complete and/or correct.
• 5 points – Some sections of the assignment are not complete and/or
• 1 point – Most sections of the assignment are not complete and/or not