2. I. Who Is Tina PowellII. Why Am I HereIII. Fairleigh Dickinson University Mentor ProgramIV. Organizational Rock Star Principles – What Gets You ThereV. Q & A –Your questions
3. • FDU Alumni – B.S. Business Management, Magna Cum Laude, 1988• Graduate Student – New York University• Entrepreneur – From Zero to Profit• Business Manager – Beacon Wealth Management• Active Networker & Strategic Business Planner• High Achiever - Goal Setter - Dreamer• HeihoShinDo Black Belt• Volunteer FDU Mentor• Pay It Forward
4. 1. Share my personal experiences and give you an organizational edge2. Help you create and see Rock Star Opportunities already there3. Expand your present thinking and mindset in everything you do – i.e. Raise the Roof4. Get you where you are going faster5. Offer support, help and advice
5.  Professor Mary Sakin - Use this program as a springboard to your success Build your LinkedIn Profile now Start connecting with classmates, teachers, employers, friends, etc. Get recommended Give a recommendation Dynamic group Create strategic alliances Ask questions and get help
6. The act of meeting new people in a business or social context.To be an Organizational Rock Star you must learn to network.
7. “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.To be an Organizational Rock Star you must practice and rehearse. Highest grossing rock band - Concerts The Rolling Stones, $1.7 billion
8. Always strive to exceed what you say you will do.To be an Organizational Rock Star you must deliver an encore performance. Sept. 2, 2010 – Detroit – 32 songs/1 encore Eminem – Guinness Book of World Records Fastest selling hip-hop artist
9. “The magic behind every outstanding performance is always found in the smallest details.” - UnknownTo be an Organizational Rock Star you must pay strict attention to detail. Highest grossing rock band - Sales Michael Jackson, $1.25 billion ($500 m increase since death)
10. Don’t be afraid to think different and develop a new perspective.To be an Organizational Rock Star you must think and be different.
11. A true team player can be counted on to do his or her part of the work, can be relied on, and works cooperatively with others.To be an Organizational Rock Star you must be a team player. Top highest grossing rock bands - Concerts U2, $1 billion
12. Being good is not enough, you must be extraordinary.To be an Organizational Rock Star you must be memorable. Freddy Mercury ( Sept. 5, 1946 – Nov. 24, 1981) Queen
13. If you want to be successful, you must do what you love.To be an Organizational Rock Star you must love your work. Highest grossing rock bands – top 5 Elton John, $250 million in sales
14. Nothing replaces hard work. You cannot achieve greatness without it.To be an Organizational Rock Star you must be willing to work hard. Aerosmith – band formed in 1970 in Boston, Massachusetts
15. Always appreciate and be thankful for what you have. Never miss the opportunity to say thank you.To be an Organizational Rock Star you must be grateful to your fans.
16. An ergonomic way of expressing massawesomeness by pushing up the air.Meaning the air can’t event touch youbecause your cause of celebration isimmeasurable or you are about to bustsome “wicked #$*”.