Waste Solid Liquid Gas
Organic • Coconut shell
Chemical • Glass bottle • Synthetic • Smoke from
• Plastic bottle factories
• Cooking oils
• Plastic bags • Smoke from
What's in your
Seperating the waste into different types.
Using rubbish bags.
Recycling the waste.
Reusing the waste.
Burying the waste.
Disposing the chemical waste according to the
• When developing a waste management
solution, the following aspects should be
– the volume of waste generated
– the equipment required
– a suitable service schedule
– knowledge of waste streams that are
commonly disposed of
– identify recycling opportunities
• The waste management solution will indicate
the type of vehicle/s required to service the bin.
• Other elements that need to be considered at
the time of waste collection are:
– positioning of the bin
– the type of bin
– the waste stream collected in the nominated
bins, and locks, chains and bars in use
• A courier service for waste resources.
• Employs a fleet of vehicles to waste and
– front lift trucks
– rear lift trucks
– hook trucks
• Resource Recovery Centers (RRC) or Material
Recovery Facility (MRF).
• These facilities sort the waste resources into
piles of like materials, the resources are
packaged for transportation to the next phase
– recyclable items are sent to a recycling
– non-recyclable items or general waste is
disposed at landfill.
Recycling / Disposal
• Depending on the type of material, whether it
is recycled or disposed of at landfill.
• Recyclable waste is recycled and is diverted
away from landfill.
• Non Recycables like General Waste are
disposed of at landfill.