1. Mariposa Vacation HomesPlaya Santa Teresa, Costa Rica
2. Playa Santa TeresaPlaya Santa Teresa is located at the Southern tip of the Nicoya Peninsula, home to one ofthe Pacific Coast’s most magical stretches of white sand. Renowned for some of the mostconsistent warm water waves in the world, ST/CR is still a small bohemian surf village,growing with an influx of foreign residents living the PuraVida lifestyle. This naturalparadise is full of life, magic and wonder. Lush tropical mountains tumble into the clearblue sea, and you will often spot howler monkeys in the trees and migrating whales justoff shore. Santa Teresa in 2010 was rated as one of the top 10 beaches in the world byForbes, and the #1 travel beach destination world wide (beating out Rio de Janeiro) byTrip Advisor in 2011.
3. Mariposa Vacation HomesMaraposa Vacation Homes consists of three homes; CasaPelicano, built in late ’04 (completed in early ‘05) and Casas YinYang and Iguana, built in ‘06. The entire project consists ofapproximately 2.5 acres with 60 meters of beachfront,measuring nearly 225 meters in length, from the beach to thetown’s main road. The property is subdivided legally into twolots; a 2 acre beachfront lot or “Concession” and a ½ acre“titled lot”, which may be purchased together or soldseparately. Located in Santa Teresa’s exclusive northend, 1.3 kmfrom the town center, this residential neighborhood is home tothe largest, most private lots, upscale beachfront homes andFlor Blanca, a world renowned boutique hotel, featured inConde Neste.
4. The ConcessionThe “Concession” is a 99 year renewable and transferablegovernment lease, which is the best way to hold title in CostaRica, after titled land per se. Virtually all beachfront land from thehigh tide maker “mojon” inland to the 150 meter line is eitherProtected or a Concession. The Concession is needed in order tobuild upon the land. Our Concession is just under 2 acres, 7500+m2 with 60 meters of beachfront, and was granted in 2000. TheConcession has it’s own separate legal entrance, which is currentlya butterfly garden, with walking access to the beach for the backhouses. In this case, the concession shares a common drivewaywith the two back houses. There are two houses on thisConcession parcel of land, the main house Casa Yin Yang and theguest house Casa Iguana.
5. Casa Yin YangCasa Yin Yang Is the crown jewel of the property and one of the premierbeachfront homes in the area. This tropical fusion home offers an open andinviting social area, including a large terrace finished in Brazilian stone, local teak,cana brava and palm accents. The Indonesian teak dining set seats 8-10 and anoutdoor Indonesian style rattan and Costa Rican hardwood living room set with anoversized bamboo Indo day bed is available for your complete comfort andrelaxation. Adjacent to the terrace is the pool and Jacuzzi, finished in Columbianstone, with a typical teak and palm roof ”rancho”, a perfect spot to relax,overlooking the surf break.
6. One of The BestOne of the best and least crowded surf breaks in the entire area is located directlyin front of the property, with long rights and lefts running for over 100 yards.There are also numerous point breaks close by including Suck Rock, a 5 minutewalk up the beach. The soft white sand bottom makes it particularly friendly forbeginners, body surfers and boogie boarders. The elongated half moon beachwhich defines Santa Teresa is bordered on each side by an outcropping of rocksand tide pools ripe to explore and a tranquil snorkeling pool just near by. Thesocial area of Casa Yin Yang enjoys beautiful views of the ocean, surf waves, giantplumeria trees and exotic tropical gardens.
7. The property has a wide variety of species of treesEndemic tropical hardwoods include the beautiful flowering cortez amarillo, cenicero,pochote, almendro, ceibo barigon and malinche, and the two largest plumeria treesyou have probably ever seen. There are dozens of coconut palms which provide shadeand may be harvested year round for their delicious water and meat. Numerous typesof palms; feather, pony tail, triangular, George Washington, Christmas, Livingstone andothers abound. There are a variety of tropical flowers and fruits, such as birds ofparadise, heliconias, 5 different colored plumerias from Hawaii, Brazil and Costa Rica,guava, bananas, platanos, jicara, noni, lemons, and many other interesting species allsupported throughout the dry season by our state of the art recycle drip irrigation andsprinkler systems.
8. The Kitchen is the Heart of the HouseThe kitchen comes complete with a stainless steel 23 cubic ft. refrigerator, 6burner gas stove with electric convection oven, extractor, and garbage disposal.The main sink looks toward the ocean, and the second sink is built into the kitchenisland. You’ll find this gourmet kitchen complete with Columbian stone countertops, cuisinart stainless steel cookware, a sonoma outdoor gas grill area andeverything you, or your private chef may need to prepare virtually any meal.
9. The Living RoomThe living room adjoins the kitchen and opens to the terrace and pool areas. The15 ft ceilings with teak beams, and a double dormer provides excellent light andnatural ventilation. The 8 ft doors and windows, high ceilings, stone floors, cedarhardwood and natural finishes throughout the house give it a spacious andtropical vibe. The living room includes a 39” flatscreen plasma TV with cable (andsatellite capabilities) a DVD player, Bose iPod speaker, Costa Rican highspeed“Accelera” modem, and Linksys wireless router bringing the internet to the houseand outdoor terrace and pool areas.
10. The Laundry RoomThis spacious and well-ventilated laundry area offers a full size washer and dryer,several lines to hang wet clothes, and a large washbasin style, hand crafted concretedouble sink. There is also a hallway off of the laundry room joining the secondaryentrance and the kitchen area to the carport, which accommodates two full sizevehicles. In addition, this area of the house has a large walk-in pantry with a secondstainless steel refrigerator and a separate large walk-in storage area., This space is idealas an oversized owners closet with concrete ceiling and metal door to safe-keep yoursurf boards, mountain bikes, kayaks and any gear. There is also a built-in safe anddehumidifier to keep items fresh during prolonged owner vacancies.
11. Casa Yin yangCasa Yin Yang bedroom and social areas are both separated and joined by a central Zen stone garden, which incorporates a giant Yin Yang symbol.
12. The Master BedroomThe master bedroom has wonderful views of the ocean and gardens through the 8ft double sliders, and is only steps to the Jacuzzi and pool areas. The MBR Suitehas a 9-foot custom bamboo king bed. large art cool 18,000 btu in- wall airconditioning, and Hunter Bay ceiling fans.
13. The Master BathroomThe master suite is an oversized masterpiece incorporating his and hers separatewash areas with hand carved natural stone sinks, custom cedar cabinetry, separateWC and two walk-in owners closets with dehumidifier and safes. There is also ahidden gravity fed back-up water tank and separate hot water heater. The MBAhas separate access to the outdoor pool and jacuzzi areas, a shared spaciousindoor/outdoor, fully screened, shower area with a stone tiled bench, doubleoverhead helvex rain showers and magnificent sunset views.
14. The Second and Third Bedrooms and BathThe second bedroom has a Tommy Bahamas hardwood king size bed. The third bedroom has twobeautiful handmade Costa Rican bamboo single beds. Each bedroom is light filled with teakbeams, screened double sliders, ceiling fans and Royal Dorado Columbian stone floors. Theyshare a beautiful and spacious travertine marble bathroom which has a pleasant cross ventilationfrom all four windows. The separate sink, shower and toilet areas provide space and harmony tothis wonderful design. The hand carved above counter natural stone sink and stainless steelhelvex fixtures complete this wonderful and spacious design.
15. Casa IguanaCasa Iguana is the quintessential upscale surf shack. This charming 1000 sq. ft. twobedroom, one bathroom home which sleeps 5 was built in ‘06, and completed in’07, to US standards. The home comes complete with a/c, hot water, ceiling fans,screens, a well equipped kitchen, front and rear terrace areas, outdoor shower,separate lock up storage area, safe, and alarm. Surrounded by flowering tropicalgardens, Casa Iguana is just a quiet short walk through a tropical butterfly garden,and public walking path, to the pristine white sand beach, glassy surf and beautifultropical sunsets that make Santa Teresa such a magical place.
16. Cozy, Cute and Comfortable 1000 square foot (90m2) Tropical HomeCasa Iguana is a two bedroom one bath home built as a potential guest house or caretakerunit for the main home, Casa Yin Yang. However with time it has become a top choice forvacationing surfers and families alike, especially those looking for a weekly, or monthlylonger term rental. This tropical home has teak beams, a shingle roof, aluminum doors andfully screened windows, cedar hardwood doors, and quality finishes throughout. Each roomhas independently controlled a/c, ceiling fans and cross ventilation. Casa Iguana issurrounded in privacy and mature gardens, which include tropical hardwood trees andexotic local flora and fauna.
17. Casa Iguana is a cozy home away from home, equipped with cable color TV andhigh speed “Acelera”, 1 Meg WiFi and router. The identical bedrooms areequipped, one with a queen bed and the other with two singles. There is a singleIndo day bed in the living room to accommodate a 5th guest comfortably. Anoutdoor back terrace provides an area to hang wet bathing suits, an outdoorshower and BBQ area. Both bedrooms have ample closet space and separate a/cunits, and of course there is hot water, two safes and an alarm.
18. The KitchenThe kitchen is well equipped with a 18 cubic foot refrigerator, four burner gas stoveand oven, garbage disposal, stainless steel cookware, extractor, dining set, knife set,toaster oven, microwave, blender, coffee maker and more. The adjoining living roomarea has a comfortable rattan Indonesian sofa, coffee table and Indo day bed, tastefullydecorated for Costa Rican beach style living. Comfort, simplicity & location, location, location make Casa Iguana a perfect choice for short and long term guests alike.
19. Most importantlyThe best surf break in Santa Teresa is located directly in front of the property. CasaIguana is set back (30-40 yards) behind Casa Yin Yang on our @ 2.0 acre beachfront lot,so you are actually less than 100 yards from the beach without crossing any otherproperties or the street. The short walk takes you through our Mariposario (ButterflyGardens), a lush tropical garden to the public access path. The gardens includingmature tropical hardwood trees and palms block the view of the beach, however youcan hear the sounds of the sea if you stop and listen...
20. Casa PelicanoCasa Pelicano was built in early ‘05 and renovated in 2009 by a well-known CostaRican builder educated at the University of Nebraska, USA. The goal was to bringtogether casual Costa Rican style living with all of the comforts and safetystandards common to North American construction. The results were quiteunique, at that time, in such a remote area as Santa Teresa.
21. Casa PelicanoThis beautiful 2500 sq ft home has 3 bedrooms, 2MBR/MBA suites with king beds, and a kids roomwith bunk beds. The house also has an additionalfull size bed and king size sofa bed, comfortablysleeping up to 10 guests. There are 3 full baths,ample kitchen and living room areas, a small office,covered parking, a large comfortable terrace,laundry and two separate lockups, plus a privatepool surrounded by beautifully landscaped tropicalgardens. The home is an exemplary eco-friendlydesign incorporating solar hot water and a rain catchharvest system, with a state of the art waterfiltration and sanitation system. Casa Pelicano hasthe capacity to provide the entire project with safe,potable drinking water. The beach is just a short walkthrough our “Mariposario” (Butterfly Gardens) to apublic walking path. There are no streets or otherproperties to cross to access the beach via theConcession.
22. The Honeymoon SuiteIn ’09 we decided to make a good thing even better by adding a honeymoon suiteand private bath. The 8’ double sliders open out to a private seating area andterrace overlooking the pool and gardens. This 650 square foot new addition isappointed with high quality finishes, stone floors, marble countertops, helvexfixtures and an overhead rain shower.
23. The Second Master Bedroom
24. The Third BedroomThe third bedroom is a “Kids Room” with a bunk bed, ample closet space and a fullbathroom next door, conveniently located just off of the kitchen and living room.All of our bedroom furniture gives the house a more tropical feel, and ishandmade of Costa Rican wicker and bamboo.
25. The KitchenThe kitchen is very well equipped with an 18` cubic foot refrigerator, 4 top gas stoveand oven, microwave, toaster oven, blender, coffeemaker, stainless steel cookware,dishwasher, icemaker, garbage disposal, dinnerware and cutlery for 15+ and all thenecessary utensils that you, your partner or professional cook would come to expect toprepare a great meal. The eat-at counter top seats 4 -6 comfortably and provides an open and inviting median between the kitchen and living room, with plenty of counter and storage space.
26. The Living RoomThe common living room and adjoining kitchen area is the heart of this home. Thespace is light-filled, with high ceilings and comfortable oversized wicker sofas, amicrofiber king size sofa bed, an entertainment center with a 32’ flatscreen color cabletv, laptop safe, alarm system and WiFi. This area provides access via the main entranceto the carport and through the double sliding glass doors to the terrace, pool andgarden areas.
27. The TerraceThe terrace is the favorite spot of many in this house. There is an outdoor dining set for6, casual living spaces with hardwood and built-in outdoor furniture, plus a hammockand BBQ area. The terrace is surrounded by beautiful mature tropical gardensoverlooking the pool area, which includes a deck, palm roof palapa, outdoor showerand chaise lounges all surrounded by a very private and well designed mature tropicalgarden.
28. Private ½ AcreCasa Pelicano enjoys its own private ½ acre lot with a variety of colorful hibiscus andother flowers, cactus, and almond trees; African, Fenix, Navideno, Triangular andCoconut palms abound. Our lush and abundant gardens include a wide variety ofmature tropical hardwoods, palms, bananas, plantanes, papayas, lemons, guava trees,plumerias, and flowering tropical plants such as hibiscus, jasmine, heliconias,bromelias, tabacones and much more. There is also ample land to build a Yoga shala, apool house or expand the existing pool area.
29. The Swimming PoolThe Swimming Pool area is surrounded by a small pool deck with chaise loungesand chairs around the palm thatch palapa, with a lawn area, ideal for kids. Thegardens have two watering systems, an in-ground sprinkler system and a recycledrip irrigation system. In addition, there is also landscape lighting on a photocelltimer. The outdoor shower is available for rinsing off beach sand and the outdoorBBQ is ideal for grilling up the catch of the day.
30. Our Beachfront LotOur beachfront lot is located in aquiet residential neighborhood inbeautiful Santa Teresa’s exclusiveNorthend, between PlayaHermosa and Mal Pais, wherethe best surf breaks and thenicest homes in the entire areaare located. We however aresituated with the best and leastcrowded surf peak in the areadirectly in front of our property.
32. Maraposa Vacation Homes, previously Casas Pura Vida, is SantaTeresa’s premier beachfront luxury home rental business. Inaddition, MVH has been a pioneer and a positive influence inthe local area in many ways. We have played a major roll in therecent formation of our local water board, helped with theroad committee, raised funds for the first computer lab andvolunteered and tutored students free of charge, for the lasttwo years at the Santa Teresa public school. Our staff is 100%local born and raised and most have been with us since ourinception. We are members of the adventure hotels of CostaRica and featured in vrbo, govisitcostarica, facebook and tripadvisor where we are currently rated # 3 out of 30 specialtylodgings in Santa Teresa, Costa Rica. For more information,please visit our website at : www.mariposavacationhomes.com
33. Asking Price Reduced by $ 1 MillionMariposa Vacation Homes is a time proven business venture, with a 5 year track record, and therights to future value on a unique and well positioned property in an exquisite location.In addition, Mariposa Vacation Homes offers the savvy investor the added benefit of coming tovacation, relax and enjoy their investment in one of the best and most pristine, natural areas thatCosta Rica has to offer.Mariposa Vacation Homes Pricing Options :1. All three homes and business : Concession, Titled land and complete business includingwebsite and one year free property management* is priced to sell at $ 2,499,999- USD.2.Beachfront Concession only, which is available separately , is priced at $ 2,300,000- USD .3. Titled lot only, is available for sale only once the Concession is sold, and is priced separately at$650,000-USD.Please contact Sunset Holdings : http://sunset-holdings.com/ or your Realtor for more informationregarding this unique opportunity.