Presentation e-Learning Basics Author: Jeroen van Beijnen
1. History of e-Learning History of e-Learning slide 1 of 2 -200 Roman empire using a Tablet as writing slate 1840 1st distance course by Isaac Pitman sending and receiving assignments by mail 1920 1940 1945 1975 1st mechanic testing machine by Sidney Presse, was not a success During WW2 movies were used to rapidly train new recruits BF Skinner, started research on behaviorism and developed Programmed instruction The introduction of the PC made computer aided instruction possible. Teachers started creating courseware . Mostly based on drill and practice
1. History of e-Learning History of e-Learning slide 2 of 2 1990 Learning Management Systems (LMS) are developed and being used in higher education. The LMS facilitated learning and became a commonly used tool for teachers Start of the E-learning Hype
2. Characteristics of e-Learning Characteristics of e-Learning slide 1 of 2 Just in time (JIT), more interactieve , integrating work and learning , time effective , cost effective Were (online + offline) When (Synchronous + Asynchronous) Media (tekst + video + audio + annimation) Didactical interaction (assignments + discussions + seminar etc) Content delivery (paper + website + PDA etc) With (selfstudy + cooperative learning + collaborative learning) Type (formal + informal) Blended learning +
2. Characteristics of e-Learning Characteristics of e-Learning slide 2 of 2 E-learning ≠
Going to go away.
You can do e-learning and at home and on de road.
Being evaluated by everybody accept you…
Going to cause trainers to lose there job.
Abandoning traditional training methods.
Working alone and keeping your tools of the trade a secret.
Suitable for everybody.
3. Didactical models Didactical models slide 1 of 2
Drill and practise
Positive and negative feedback
condition the learner (reinforcement).
Information processing models
Mind as computer
3. Didactical models Didactical models slide 2 of 2
Knowledge not only an individual creation.
Knowledge creation is also a social process.
Knowledge is developed through different (social activities) and by constructing new ideas, structures, models etc.. And connect them to prior knowledge and mental models.
4. Ideas about use of e-Learning Ideas about use of e-Learning slide 1 of 2 Use principles of blended learning when developing new workshops. Take time to develop and experiment with different learning blends.
4. Ideas about use of e-Learning Ideas about use of e-Learning slide 2 of 2 Share with other departments. Use from other departments . Develop together with other departments .