The last point is the focus of James’ presentation to follow.
Take as an example the ICAA Business Forum campaign Create campaign microsite, promoted through many digital channels (and brochure/some paid advertising)
- G+ offers additional functionality (vs FB/LinkedIn) such as Hangouts and Circles
1. Connecting with membersacross digital channelsPresented to IIN ConferenceBy Tim Nicholas, Marketing Services Mgr, ICAA19 Feb 2013
2. Digital trendsAgenda1. Trends2. Synchronisation3. Dynamic content4. 3 screens5. Future
3. Trends- Digital becoming lead channel for all communications with members- Many digital „touchpoints‟- More coordination and synchronisation than ever before- Need to harness “earned, owned and paid” media- Rise of mobile/tablets- Search and social media key planks of digital strategy- Analytics & reporting essential to unravel/understand „big data‟
5. Example: Business Forum• Digital channels promoted in brochure >• Align vanity/short URL and Twitter hash tag >businessforum.com.au | charteredaccountants.com.au/BusinessForum | #BusinessForum• Research/optimise meta data (title/description/keywords) in web page >• Include keywords in blogs, tweets, YouTube clips (tags)• Use LinkedIn „Companies / Products‟ functionality• Encourage staff/connections to „Recommend‟
6. Example: Business ForumDigital channels Destination(eg microsite)User actions
7. Digital channel synchronisationSUMMARY• Optimise the quantity and quality of „paid/earned/owned‟ sites linking toyour content, and align keywords/phrases with meta data• Post relevant updates in your SM channels as frequently as practical• Leverage Google+: integral to any social media plan and key to highranking in Google organic search results
8. Dynamically changing contentA dynamic web page‟s content varies based on parameters set in the CMS.Users expect more of their content to be tailored to their needs• E.g. online media / service industry web portalsUse CMS to automate the following:1. Customisation of content displayed according to user identity and/ormarket segment (“engagement automation”)2. Trigger actions based on user journey (e.g. a pop-up)A/B testing enables continuous improvement cycle.
9. 3 screens – mobile first approachA mobile-first approach is opportunity to address• Usability• Content tone of voice• Accessibility (for all devices)• Search engine optimisation• Tools > which merit an app?• Placement of rich media