• Adidas is the biggest sportswear manufacturer in Europe and one of the biggest in
• The company that started in 1924 is one of the favorites for many athletes.
• Adidas has also won the trust of many customers as a strong and reliable brand.
Competitors And Market
• One of Adidas’s major competitors is Nike as Nike from the USA also manufactures
sportswear for athletes.
• Adidas is know to have the second largest market in the world with 26.3%, Nike who
are the leaders in market are estimated to have a total of 36.3% of the sportswear in
• Adidas has also merged with Reebok which made an impressive increase in the USA
form 8.9% to 21.1%.
• Adidas also has other competitors such as Puma, and Kappa
Adidas through time
• Adolf Dassler created his first training shoes made out of
canvas in 1920.
• By 1937 Adolf had 30 different shoes for 11 different
• The brand began in 1947 and was named in 1948 after
the first two syllables of Adolf Dassler.
• The German football team wins the world cup and all the
players wear Adidas in 1954.
• In the 1960 Olympics in Rome Adidas had another big
break as 75% of the athletes wore Adidas shoes.
• Adidas dominated again this time in the 1962 world cup
in Chile where Adidas shoes were worn every game.
• 1963- Adidas first soccer ball is produced
• 1967- Adidas sports apparel is launched.
• 1970- At the World Cup in Mexico, Adidas soccer ball becomes the official ball; and
since then every official match ball has been an Adidas product.
• Adi’s special boxing boots are worn at “the fight of the century”,
• between Muhammad Ali & Joe Frazier
• 1978- Adolf Dassler dies at the age of 78, leaving his son Horst in charge of Adidas.
• 1998 was another big year for Adidas as they were the sponsor for the official match
• 2002 was another successive year for Adidas as the world cup was hosted by 2 Asian
countries for the first time. Adidas took a huge amount of credit not just being sponsor
of the official math ball but also opening academies in Asian countries which was a
• Adidas was also the sponsor for the official match ball for the 2006 and 2010 world
cup and UEFA champions league.
• Now Adidas sponsors famous sports men such as Lionel Messi.
Evaluation and future
• Adidas is a going to have success in the future as well the it has daily
clothing made as well as sporting goods.
• Adidas has also promoted its business all over the world so its easier
access to people who live far away.
• There are so many athletes that advertise Adidas that it is moving rapidly in
the world market.
• Adidas is also likely to be very successful because of the history behind it.