Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
The Power of Mobile
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Thanks for flagging this SlideShare!

Oops! An error has occurred.

×
Saving this for later? Get the SlideShare app to save on your phone or tablet. Read anywhere, anytime – even offline.
Text the download link to your phone
Standard text messaging rates apply

The Power of Mobile

367

Published on

Mobile has become an integral part of the marketing mix. Indeed, for many brands is mobile will soon be the most powerful medium for reaching consumers. Mobile is here and its here to stay. NU.nl is …

Mobile has become an integral part of the marketing mix. Indeed, for many brands is mobile will soon be the most powerful medium for reaching consumers. Mobile is here and its here to stay. NU.nl is now bigger on mobile than on the regular site. That says a lot about the shift of our media use, but shows the more that companies can not remain behind. If mobile is not yet in your organization is woven, it is time to wake up.

From the mobile business development team tell Tim Akkerman and Sam Warnaars you all the ins and outs about mobile. How to make a mobile service? What do you think of when planning an application, what steps are there and how long it takes before an application is ready? How do I make sure I like 'mobile ready' am and how I spend my mobile services to the man? And also the main mobile activities of 2011 and what does 2012?

Published in: Technology, Business
0 Comments
1 Like
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
367
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
1
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
0
Comments
0
Likes
1
Embeds 0
No embeds

Report content
Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. The Power of Mobile Sanoma Media Parade @Tim_Akkerman @SamWarnaars Business Development Mobile
  • 2. Launched in November 2009A couple of 1.000 downloads
  • 3. Results so far• Over 20 million downloads in 5 weeks• 14 million active users• 1.2 million downloads per day Current: 50 mln. + downloads
  • 4. Results so far“Two weeks ago there were 5 people working on the game. Now there are 40 people working on it” Dan Porter - CEO - OMGPOP (/ Draw Something)
  • 5. Results so far“Two weeks ago there were 5 people working on the game. Now there are 40 people working on it” Dan Porter - CEO - OMGPOP (/ Draw Something)
  • 6. ITUNES!
  • 7. ITUNES! BUT WHERE WAS SONY? Sony Walkman Apple iPod Sony continues to enter too many markets for the sake of being in them instead of defining them.
  • 8. “you press the button, we do the rest”
  • 9. INSTAGRAM!
  • 10. INSTAGRAM! BUT WHERE WAS KODAK?
  • 11. INSTAGRAM! BUT WHERE WAS KODAK? “you press the button, we do the rest” Slogan launch first Kodak in 1888
  • 12. INSTAGRAM! BUT WHERE WAS KODAK? “Photographs used to be the item people would run into a burning building to go retrieve. Today a mobile phone has replaced that.” Jeffrey Hayzlett, CMO Kodak, 2010
  • 13. OLD BECOMING THE NEW
  • 14. HARDWARE BECOMES SOFTWARE
  • 15. Apps can be a huge success rapidlyIN THESE DAYS MORE LIKELY THAN EVER BEFORE
  • 16. These devices are thecarriers of our success!
  • 17. INVENTION VS INNOVATIONInvention is the "creation of a product or introduction of aprocess for the first time." Thomas Edison was an inventor.Innovation happens when someone "improves on ormakes a significant contribution" to something that hasalready been invented. Steve Jobs was an innovator.
  • 18. INVENTION VS INNOVATION
  • 19. Mobile Mobile Fixed FixedFixed
  • 20. NU.NL MOBILE PAGEVIEWS225,000,000 150,000,000 75,000,000 iPad Android 0 iPhone Mobile site
  • 21. 0 125,000,000 250,000,000 375,000,000 500,000,000May-09Jul-09Sep-09Nov-09Jan-10Mar-10May-10 Jul-10Sep-10Nov-10Jan-11Mar-11May-11 Jul-11Sep-11Nov-11 NU.NL MOBILE PAGEVIEWSJan-12 iPad iPhone Android Mobile site
  • 22. Changing media consumption tablet computer 5% phone 45% overall 50% overall views overall views views In the morning, relative People reading on computers iPad readers read more news readership across all three consumer their greatest share of on the device at night than platforms ramps up quickly online news that way during the day during other times of day iPad10%8% Computer Smartphone7%5%3%2%0% 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 Source: NU.nl (based on sample data)
  • 23. Onderzoekje
  • 24. #myhomescreen
  • 25. Apps end ?

×