Sanoma digital masterclass

773
-1

Published on

How mobile is transforming our media industry as we know it

Published in: Technology
0 Comments
3 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
773
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
1
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
0
Comments
0
Likes
3
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

Sanoma digital masterclass

  1. 1. Masterclass Digital Marketing & Communication Tim AkkermanBusiness Developer Mobile
  2. 2. Mobile growth
  3. 3. NU.NL MOBILE PAGEVIEWS700,000,000525,000,000 BlackBerry Nokia350,000,000 Windows iPad Android iPhone Site on Mobile175,000,000 Mobile site 0 May-09 Jul-09 Sep-09 Nov-09 Jan-10 Mar-10 May-10 Jul-10 Sep-10 Nov-10 Jan-11 Mar-11 May-11 Jul-11 Sep-11 Nov-11 Jan-12 Mar-12 May-12 Jul-12 Sep-12©Sanoma  Media
  4. 4. Mobile first
  5. 5. 2010: Start developing2011: Planet of the Apps2012: Growth2013: Monetization
  6. 6. “you press the button, we do the rest”
  7. 7. INSTAGRAM!
  8. 8. INSTAGRAM! BUT WHERE WAS KODAK?
  9. 9. INSTAGRAM! BUT WHERE WAS KODAK?
  10. 10. INSTAGRAM! BUT WHERE WAS KODAK?“you press the button, we do the rest” Slogan launch first Kodak in 1888
  11. 11. INSTAGRAM! BUT WHERE WAS KODAK?“Photographs used to be the item people would run into a burning buildingto go retrieve. Today a mobile phone has replaced that.” Jeffrey Hayzlett, CMO Kodak, 2010
  12. 12. INVENTION VS INNOVATIONInvention is the "creation of a product or introduction of aprocess for the first time." Thomas Edison was an inventor.Innovation happens when someone "improves on ormakes a significant contribution" to something that hasalready been invented. Steve Jobs was an innovator.
  13. 13. INVENTION VS INNOVATIONTHOMAS EDISON, 1879 ANTON PHILIPS 1922
  14. 14. Walk the road together
  15. 15. Sanoma Content Library
  16. 16. Research
  17. 17. tablet computer 5% phone 45% overall 50% overall views overall views views In the morning, relative People reading on computers iPad readers read more news readership across all three consumer their greatest share of on the device at night than platforms ramps up quickly online news that way during the day during other times of day10%8%7%5%3%2%0% 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
  18. 18. Product©Sanoma  Media Ontwikkeling: 16 maanden Ontwikkeling: 3 maanden
  19. 19. Product©Sanoma  Media Unique visitors p/m: 2.300 Unique visitors p/m: 35.000
  20. 20. BUT THERE IS MORE TO COME
  21. 21. SECOND SCREEN
  22. 22. THIRD SCREEN
  23. 23. FOURTH SCREEN
  24. 24. MULTIPLE SCREEN
  25. 25. THE NEW MULTI SCREEN WORLD
  26. 26. Today 90% of our media consumption occurs in front of a screen. As consumers balance their time between smartphones, tablets, PCs and Televisions, they are learning to use these devices together to achieve their goals.
  27. 27. MORE DEVICES WILL FOLLOW... RAPIDLY
  28. 28. 2054
  29. 29. THE FUTURE IS ALWAYS CLOSER THAN YOU THINK
  30. 30. HTTP://WWW.SKOFTEN.NET/INDEX/VIDEO/MOBIEL_BELLEN_IN_1999
  31. 31. “ITS ONLY WHEN THE TIDE GOES OUTYOU LEARN WHOS BEEN SWIMMING NAKED” THANKS

×