• Extreme Bookmarking!
• Organize links and apps with Home Screen
• Lesson materials at your fingertips
• Go from this: • To This!
• Web Pages
• Web Documents
• YouTube Videos
• Tap Safari to browse the web
• If you know the web site, type the address into the
• To search for a website you’d like to use for a lesson
• Use the Google search field to search for websites
• Go to http://m.youtube.com and click the magnifying glass to
search for YouTube videos
Add a Home Screen
• Navigate to the web site in Safari
• Tap the Share button at the top of the Safari screen
• Tap - Add to Home Screen
• Type in a name for the icon
• Tap – Add
Move buttons to their own
• While on your home screen with your new icons
visible, press and hold on an icon until they all
• Drag the icons to the right until you have a blank
home screen and let go.
• Swipe to go back and find another icon, then drag it
to the home screen you just made
• When all the icons are there, press the Home button
to stop the jiggling.
Move buttons into a Home
• Press and hold on an icon to make them jiggle.
• Drag one icon on top of another – a folder window
• Type in a name. Tap Done.
• Tap outside the folder to find another icon. Drag it
into the folder.
• Press the Home button when done.
Try It – Home Screen
• Search for web resources and apps to use for a lesson.
• Drag them onto their own blank home screen
• Organize them into a Home screen folder
• Two basic apps
handle photos and
video on the iPad
• Camera – Take
photos & video using
the Rear or Front
• Photos – Organize
• Camera button – tap to take
a picture. The picture is
taken when your finger
leaves the glass.
• Photo/Video slider – Switch
between still photos and
• Swap Cameras – Switch
between the front and back
• Options – Turn the grid
• Photo button – View the
photos you’ve taken
• Tap on an album to
• Tap the + to add a
• Pinch to peek in an
Other Photo Apps
• There are lots of apps
that work with photos
on the iPad
• Check the App store’s
Photo & Video
• Many apps can save
photos to the camera
roll - Mail
• Photo Editing Apps I
use: PS Express
(free), Snapseed (free)
• Video Editing App I
use: iMovie ($4.99)
Use the camera to:
• Take pictures of your white board and print or upload
to a class web site so students can refer to your lessons
and examples at home.
• Photograph student work
• Have students find and photograph items in a
scavenger hunt based on a classroom topic or theme
• Create a QR Code scavenger hunt -
Use videos to:
• Record student work for later viewing or to celebrate
• Be in two places at once! Duplicate yourself for group
work – groups can have a video of you working through
problems to refer to while they practice on their own.
Math - Have a student take video of you doing an
• ESOL – Record students speaking so they can play it back
themselves to help with pronunciation.
• ESOL: Spring International Language Center – Student
videos about idioms: “A Big Head” -
• Math: Adding Real Numbers:
Try It – Camera & Photos
• Practice taking photos or video that would be useful for a
• Use the share button to email it to yourself or upload to
your YouTube account
iPad User Guide
• Tap Safari
• Tap Bookmark button
• Tap iPad User Guide
• If your bookmark is not
there, go to:
• iPad Basics Tutorial:
• Lots of iPad information and Tutorials:
• iPad news - http://www.theipadguide.com/
• iPad 4 Schools - http://ipad4schools.org/