1. Internet Audience in Thailand Q1 2013 Nuttakorn Rattanachaisit Managing Director Predictive Co., Ltd.
2. Overall Total Internet AudienceFebruary 2013Total Internet Users (Home &Work) PC : 10.35 MAverage Daily Visitors: 6.00 MTotal Visits : 530.38 MBroadband : 94.91%Dial Up : 5.09% Based on comScore Thailand Data
3. Total Internet Audience Trends (000) Home & Work PC10,60010,40010,20010,000 9,800 9,600 9,400
4. Average Minutes Per Usage Day (Home & Work PC)120.0115.0110.0105.0100.0 95.0 90.0 85.0It shows the decline of average minutes per usage day on Home & Work PCdue to emerging of mobile and tablet access.
5. Benchmark with 2012February 2013 VS February 2012 HighlightsTotal Audience (Home & Work) Growth 6% Total Audience up from 9.7M to 10.3M for Home & Work Female 55+ is the highest growth segment at 27% whereas other segments average growth at 8%15-34 is the biggest segment in Thailand – penetrated at 66% oftotal internet users in Thailand Male 25-34 is the lowest growth segment – This segment is already penetrated 27% of total home & work internet audience. Based on comScore Thailand Data
6. Top 5 Categories by Growth %February 2013 VS February 2012 2012 2013 % Category UV (000) UV (000) Growth Real Estate 1,071 1,396 30% Lifestyles 6,360 7,504 18% Travel 3,021 3,374 12% Career Services 1,731 1,878 8% Retail Sites 6,204 6,712 8%
7. Social Network Trend Facebook still dominates the social network market in Thailand – LinkedIn started emerging from last couple months
8. FacebookAge 45-55+ is the highest growth of total users for Facebook
9. Blog Trend Blogger is number #1 blog platform in Thailand , follows by Bloggang.
10. BloggerAge 45-55+ is the highest growth of total users for Blogger
11. Search Engine TrendGoogle still dominate the search engine market in Thailand –follow by Ask Network, AVG Secured Search and Bing.
12. GoogleAge 45-55+ is the highest growth of total users for Google
13. Email Provider TrendHotmail unique visitor is declining – but it still remains the topprovider in this category. Gmail ranks #2 for this category.
14. HotmailHotmail was dropped significantly especially from youngaudience. Hotmail growth the visitors only from audience age 55+
15. APPENDIX : METHODOLOGY
16. Unified Digital Methodology (UDM) 2 Million Person Panel PERSON-Centric Panel with 360°View of Person Behavior SITE-Census Measurement 5 Billion Cookies Web Visiting & Online Search Online & Offline Behavior Advertising Buying Exposure PANEL CENSUS Advertising Transaction Effectiveness sMedia & Video Demographics Consumption , PANEL Lifestyles Unified Digital Measurement™ (UDM) & Attitudes 1 Million Domains Participating Mobile Internet Usage & Behavior 1 Trillion Page views per Month Adopted by 80% of Top Global. Media Properties
17. Unified Digital Measurement Methodology Establishment Surveys Population Targets EnumerationUnified Digital Measurement Panel Unification Online Recruitment UVs and Page Views Recruitment comScore Unified Digital Measurement Dictionary Traffic Data Passive Data Collection Site Hierarchy Allocation Collection Session Assignment Bias Correction Weighting, Preventing Bias
18. How Does Panel Measurement Work?Collect Traffic Final reports of marketRepresentative set data based on projectionsof individuals of individuals Apply comScore Projection & URL Dictionary Projected Data Servers Traffic
19. Actual/Min Persons Under Measurement (PUM) –May, 2012 Persons Under Region Country Measurement Asia Pacific Australia 79,460 Asia Pacific China 575,597 Asia Pacific Hong Kong 36,354 Asia Pacific India 1,195,775 Asia Pacific Indonesia 358,590 Asia Pacific Japan 97,015 Asia Pacific Korea (South) 10,636 Asia Pacific Malaysia 175,757 Asia Pacific New Zealand 14,044 Asia Pacific Philippines 209,273 Asia Pacific Singapore 52,751 Asia Pacific Taiwan 66,098 Asia Pacific Thailand 180,125 Asia Pacific Vietnam 167,165