1. Comenius Multilateral School Partnership Project „Imagine my
Country! - Cultural Awareness across Europe” for 2011-2013
Places to visit in European Countries
Kretinga Adult and Youth Teaching Centre,
2. PALACE OF THE PARLIAMENT in
3. The Palace of the Parliament is the largest and
most expensive building in the world.
• The construction was started in 1984 and it was completed in
• The building measures 270 m by 240 m, 86 m high, and 92 m
• It has 1,100 rooms and 2 underground parking garages. It is 12
• The floorspace is 340,000 m2.
4. The Palace of Parliament has the pompous halls and galleries.
5. There are walls and ceilings decorated with
sculptures, golden plaster and heavy carpets.
6. The Roman Tower of
7. Did you know that...
• The city is the site of the Roman Tower of
Hercules, a lighthouse which has been in
continuous operation since possibly the 2nd
century AD. It has been declared by UNESCO as a
World Heritage Site. It is surrounded by a large
public park with a golf course and a former
Muslim cemetery. The lighthouse features as the
main embelem of the city's flag and coat of
8. Gravina in Puglia was founded by the Greeks in 305 or
9. The Saint George's Fair in Gravina has been held each April since
10. Kretinga was first mentioned in 1253 as castle Cretyn.
11. Kretinga museum is the winter garden and the
manoral place of the Counts Tiškevičiai.
12. The museum holds a large collection of such
archaeologic findings as silver coins, ancient
household, furniture, masks , pictures and
13. The Winter Garden is impressive with more than
500 species of plants that were brought from
various corners of the Planet.
14. The Museum of Cloth Factory in Ratingen
15. The first manufacturing plants opened in 18th
16. The first mechanical spinnery of Europe was
opened and it grew into the Textilfabrik