Be the first to like this
Wire & Cable Preparation Tools- Power, Transmission & Distribution.
Ripley Utility Tool Cable Preparation Tools for Power Transmission & Distribution - Underground Cables & Overhead Lines
Ripley Utility Tools are cable preparation tools used to cable splice, cable joint and cable terminate low voltage (LV), high voltage (HV) and extra high voltage (EHV) power, transmission and distribution cables. Cable preparation and cable jointing tools are suitable for both underground cable and overhead line applications - this includes 3.3kV, 11kV, 33kV, 66kV, 132kV and 400kV cable preparation.
Ripley Utility Tools are designed to meet specific cable jointing, terminating and overhead line applications - this includes removal of cable insulation, semi-conductive screens, cable strippers, cable sheath jacket strippers and other cable materials to ensure uniform cable preparation of cable ends prior to cable jointing and cable terminating, both underground cables and overhead lines.
Importance of Cable Jointing, Splicing & Terminating Tools LV-HV
Cable joints, cable splices and cable terminations can fail prematurely whilst in service or during pressure testing - upon investigation the reasons for cable failures are usually determined as careless cable jointer workmanship in constructing the cable joint or cable termination. Some practises identified not only contributed to the failure of the cable joint or termination but also placed cable jointers and public at risk from injury from flashover.
Cable Jointer Errors & Reasons For Cable Joint Failures
* Non standard or poorly applied earthing arrangements
* Incorrect mixing of cable jointing resin
* Incorrect cable stripping dimensions being used
* Cable sheaths and insulation being scored or damaged
* Using incorrect cable jointing materials or lack of cable jointer tools
* Discarded waste materials such as shear off bolt heads left within the cable joint body or within shrink down insulation tubes.