2. News in the olimpics games Relevant facts Rome had already been selected to host the organisation of the Olympic Games in 1908, but had to decline and pass the honors to London. From Rome 1960 most of the European continent could enjoy the live broadcast of the competitions. In the Olympic Games of Rome would be the moment in which the work of Samaras (music) Palamas (letter) become the official Olympic anthem. The Germans unified participated and chose as running the hymn to joy, Beethoven The first edition of the Paralympic Games took place.
3. Paralimpic Games
4. participation From August 25 to September 11 83 Nations 5,338 athletes (611 women, 4,727 men) 150 tests in 17 sports Olympic Stadium of Rome
5. Opening Ceremony Ceremony official opening by President Giovanni Gronchi Portador torch: Giancarlo Peris (athletics) Olympic Oath pronounced by Adolfo Consolini (athletics)
6. Opening Ceremony
7. the torch Torch distance traveled: 2.750 Km. Distance traveled on foot: 1.863 Km. Countries tours: Greece, Italy number of torch bearers: 1529 2,750 kilometerstorch relay began in Olympia on August 12
8. Medals in Rome 1960
9. The most important person in thisolympic games Muhammad Ali Abebe Bikila Wilma Rudolf
10. Muhammad Ali considered the largest in the history in the heavyweight category. Born on January 17, 1942, called Cassius Marcelus Clay, changed its name from joining the nation of Islam. In 1960, he won the tournament of champions in Chicago, the national championship of the Golden Gloves and the title of the amateur athletes Union. At the Rome 1960 Summer Olympics he won the gold medal in the heavyweight category. In the end he overtook triple champion of Europe Zbigniew Pietrzykowski.
11. Abebe Bikila October 25, 1973 was born on August 7, 1932 –. Ethiopian athlete, two-time winner of the marathon. It became part of the Group of national heroes to get the gold medal in the 1960 Olympics Marathon. On that occasion, he completed the race in 2 h 15 m 16 s, thus establishing a new world record. Test ka played barefoot along with his compatriot and brother Albalonga Bikila. Addis Ababa National Stadium was named in his honor. October 25, 1973 was born on August 7, 1932 –. Ethiopian athlete, two-time winner of the marathon. It became part of the Group of national heroes to get the gold medal in the 1960 Olympics Marathon. On that occasion, he completed the race in 2 h 15 m 16 s, thus establishing a new world record. The test played barefoot along with his compatriot and brother Albalonga Bikila. Addis Ababa National Stadium was named in his honor.
12. Wilma Rudolf Born June 23, 1940 - November 12, 1994. It was the 20th of 22 children in a poor family. In 1960 he won the selection trials for the 1960 Rome Olympics, tests for 100 and 200 metres. He obtained in both tests, as well as the short relay gold medal in these Olympics. "His grace and beauty, as well as agility earned him the nickname of quot; the black Gazelle". He died of a brain tumor in 1994. Wilma Rudolph
13. Medal tally
14. The participation around the wolrd
15. Sports Athletics Hockey on grass basketball the weightlifting boxing fightdiferents boating Swimmingsports in cycling Pentathlon these fencing Waterolympic Polo soccergames rowing gym riding shooting ornamental jumps