1. Earth is the only planet in the solar system with water Earth is the only planet that has earthquakes and volcanoes
2. The sun is the closest star to the earth Without the sun there would be no life on earth The sun is the largest thing in our solar system The Sun appears to have been active for 4.6 billion years
3. The Moon takes about 27 days (27 days, 7 hours, 43 minutes, 11.6 seconds) to go all the way around the Earth and return to its starting position.
4. 2006 Turkey Solar Eclipse
5. How a Solar Eclipse is formed When the moon covers the sun it forms a Solar Eclipse
6. The earth is the 5th biggest planet in our solar system Earth is the only planet with life that we know of. Earth is 70.8% Water and 29.2% Land Earths distance from the sun is 93 million miles
7. Earths moon is called Lunar When Alan Sheppard was on the moon, he hit a golf ball and drove it 2,400 feet, nearly one half a mile. The moon is not a planet, but a satellite of the Earth.
8. The sun is made of burning hot gas Our sun has an expected lifetime of about 11 billion years. No solar eclipse can last longer than 7 minutes 58 seconds because of the speed at which the sun moves.