WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNT
FROM THE PROCESS OF
Before the Preliminary tasks I had no prior
experience with Photoshop. Throughout this
topic I have developed a fairly good base
understanding of Photoshop. I have learnt too:
• Use the magic wand tool
• Using layer masks to apply Gaussian blurs
• Applying the red of the image to create an
• Selecting the eyes and then sharpening
them to add impact to them and bring out
the natural contours.
• Create text
• Use dodge and burn tools on different
settings to brighten and darken the chosen
parts of my picture.
• Use the warp tool to get the desired shape
of the body/facial features.
• Use different brushes to add highlights to
the hair/ thicken eyelashes.
• Play around with the Opacity of an image
to make the images overlap of be faint on
• Use swatches to keep the colour scheme
• Crop the image and rotate it to have an
image close enough to the face to get the
effect I want.
• Select certain parts of the image/texts so
that the effect of brush only applies to this
• Copy and paste in Photoshop
• Free and puppet warp the image
• Clone pieces of the images for a desired
effect, e.g. fill in a gap in the hair/ add
• Use a suface blur to smooth the skin
• Use the smudge tool to smooth the skin
• Use scattering while cloning to make the
image look like it is being blown away by
• Using different lasso tools and refining the
edge through this
• Using the Vibrance slider to make the skin
paler then using the curves/levels tools to
make them brighter.
• Using layers
• Saving work in different formats.
I had no prior experience with blogger before this task. Through this
task I have learnt how to:
• Create a blog
• Change the colour scheme
• Post on this blog
• Use html to post on the blog
• Upload images to this blog
Before this task I had no previous experience in using a DSLR camera.
I learnt about camera angles shots and model posing to create the
effect that I wanted. I learnt how to upload the images using a USB
cable and then copying the images in my files.
Before this topic I had never heard of issuu but because of this topic I
discovered it. I learnt how to upload a Word document to this website
and then publish it to my blogger account.
I have learnt how to upload my PowerPoint presentations onto
slideshare and put them onto my blog so that they can be played on the
internet. I believe this is a more aesthetically pleasing way of reading
text than in one big bulk.
While doing this project I have had to use Flikr for the first time. I learnt
how to create an account, upload a picture, add notes and post it to my
Because of this task I have learnt about YouTube tutorials and how they can
help you with work.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.