1. Forest and Wild life conservation By Prudhvi Ganesh
2. Forests & Wild life● Generally FORESTS are the large areas covered thickly with plants and trees.● WILD LIFE means the native animals of a region.
3. Importance of Forests● They provide raw materials to Industries.● They provide food, fuel etc.● They prevent soil erosion and preserve the fertility of the soil.● Trees clean the air,they absorb nitrous oxides, sulphur dioxide, carbon monoxide.● They provide moisture and lower the temperature of earth.
4. Some of the facts Regarding Forests● Forests in India that constitutes about 2% of the World’s total area.● Arunchal Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh have the largest and the denser forest area in India.● Haryana has the lowest forest area.
5. Depletion of Forests● Large scale cutting of trees for different purposes like Industries.● Over grazing by cattle.● Forest fire, floods etc.
6. Conservation of ForestsFor the conservation of forests, following steps can betaken:● Conservation of forest is a national problem so it must be handle with perfect coordination between forest department and other departments.● The cutting of trees in the forests must be stopped at all costs.● The special programs like Van Mahotsava should be launched.● Celebrations of all functions, festivals should start with tree-plantation.
7. Conservation of Forests – continue..● Cutting of timber and other forest products should be restricted.● Grasslands should be regenerated.● Forest conservation Act 1980 should be strictly implemented to check deforestation.
8. Categories of Wild life There are three major categories of wildlife :● Endangered wild life animals : They require direct human protection for survival. Examples: Indian fox,the wild dog, pig tailed monkey,the sloth bear etc.
9. Endangered wild life animals Indian fox Wild dog Pig tailed monkey Sloth bear
10. Categories of Wild life – continue..● Threatened wild life animals : Threatened animals are any animals they need protection in the near future. Examples : Philippine Eagle-Owl,Philippine duck,Green Parrotfish,The Philippine Hawk-Eagle etc.
11. Threatened wild life animals Philippine Eagle-Owl Philippine duck Green Parrotfish Philippine Hawk-Eagle
12. Categories of Wild life – continue..● Rare wild life animals: A rare wild life animals are the group of animals that are very uncommon. Examples : Pinta Island tortoise,Javan Rhino,Red Wolf,Baiji dolphin etc.
13. Rare wild life animals Pinta Island tortoise Javan Rhino Red Wolf Baiji dolphin
14. Necessity for Wild life Conservation● The wild life helps us in maintaining balance of nature.● It can increase our foreign exchange with tourism.● Colourful birds, insects, beautiful flowers, trees make environment beautiful.
15. Modes of Wild life Conservation● Establishment of Sanctuaries and National park.● Shooting and hunting of wild life animals should be totally banned.● Research on wildlife should be encouraged.● Public should be educated on importance of wild life and forests.
16. Recent Advancements Conserving India’s Forests: A New Policy● The government of India recognizes that the future health of India’s forest ecosystems and they developed several policies like Wild-life Protection Act 1972 ,National Forest Policy 1988 and Project Tiger 1973.● 1972 Wild-life Protection Act : Shooting and hunting of wild life animals should be totally banned.● 1988 National Forest Policy : Preserving remaining natural forests.