1. Deconstruction of CrystalFighters – Champion sound
2. For this shot there is no music it is the diegetic sound of the wind, his foot steps and the hat landing on the floor. This intrigues the audience makingthem watch to see what music they are going to hear.This wide angle shot shows a man on his own with a bag full of we presume his stuff and an accordion This along with his attire (Ripped jeans, over sizedshirt waist coat and hat on the floor) suggests the indie genre as well as fitting with the setting.The location of what seems to be the side of an alleyway also gives an indication of the indie genre and supports the stripped down uncomplicatedmusic. The cobbled street and the dress up of the man give an impression of a modern day Victorian era. This is also supported by the old fashion boxingposter in the background which it later referred to in the video.The lighting highlights the males within the shot as he is surrounded by dark light. This gives an indication along with the fact that he is on his own thathe is lonely. This foregrounds the contrast coming up later within the video.The fact the man is busking on the streets also implies that he is poor and scruffy which is also associated with the indie genre.The camera zooms slowly into this shot and cuts to the next shot. These are all slow shots conveying the fact that there isnt much going on at thepresent time.
3. This wide angle shot shows contrasting characters to the previous shot. The people within this shot are dressed up in fancy dress costumes withinopposing colours, patterns, and styles. These characters not only contrast in costume but also in personality as they are all having fun holding on to theside and back of an old fashioned car. These characters contrast to the background of the industrial site as they are full of life. This conveys that they aredream like and could be in his imagination. This is also conveyed by how these people are framed by light bright white on the walls and road where as heis frames by darkness. This idea of dreamlike/ friendship is conveyed by the indie/ alternative genre.The music at this point isRejoice I could, rejoice I couldCould take a choice, the choice I tookHowever before this there is the sound of a car horn and the sound of the car driving this gives and indication that the people are happy to see the man.The lyrics at this point are talking about celebrating if they could which could imply that the characters within this shot are going to take him to celebratewhich again foregrounds the party shown later on.There is an intertexual referencing of the 60’s film “Blow Up” artistic/film buff audience would recognise the reference.This shot cuts to lots of close ups of the characters giving the audience the perspective that they were being introduced, making them feel more involvedand as if they were invited on the journey. The characters really connect with the camera at this point linking to good wins theory.
4. This wide angle mid shot is a change of scenery from the backstreets of a town to the braches and leaves of a forest. This part of the video shows the twocharacters walking into the forest, lead by the female. This positions the audience to feel as if they are going on the journey with the two. The way thecharacters have to climb under the trees makes it seem very enchanted.The very light blonde hair and the white cloths of the female convey the girls innocence and angelic nature. This is entrancing for the audience as this isthe person in which we are following. Even the way that she moves is very elegant and almost fairly like giving her a certain difference about her person.The music for this part of the video isAny day nowLets hope that someday I play my concertinaTo an arena full of people
5. There is no lyrics for this part of the music video it is just music which compliments the males facial expressions as it conveys mystery and how he isintrigued by what he is seeing. The quirky different coloured light bulbs with differing styles of lampshades. This random yet beautiful scene is veryconventional of the indie genre. The shots switch very quickly from day to night, this conveys a sense of magic.The wide angle slightly tilted camera angle shows not only the enchanting trees and branches of the forest in the back ground, the quint lights but also theexpressions of the male and female. From this we can see they she has been here before and is enjoying how interested the male is. This conveys theearlier shot of her being conveyed as an angle, as she is leading him to an unknown place.
6. This wide angle shot shows the band ‘Crystal Fighters’ and is one of the only shots within the music video of them. This conveys that they are moreinterested in the music then they are in the advertisement of themselves. The lyrics at this point are:I wanna find my girl, love will be amazingChampion sound, champion soundThis is the chorus and to convenient that they are singing it as it shows that they are the actual band and not just people singing at a party. This is alsoconveyed by how they are all sat together in a close proxemics suggesting their good rapport.The band are dressed very alternatively with native Indian looking hats on and crystals hanging from their headdresses which implies the name of theirband.The lighting at this point is very smoky conveying a magical illusion feel giving them a sense of entitlement and power exaggerated by the way in whichthey are sat. The different coloured lighting of purple and yellow make the shot interested and intriguing to look at.The smoky ness is very conventional of the indie genre.
7. This wide angle mid shot shows the crowd within the music video at the point of the boxing match. I chose this shot because of the girls face. I felt that theuse of the makeup really conveys the eccentric nature of the alternative/indie genre as is the costume throughout the video. The lighting within this shotreally makes the girls face stand out from the rest of the crowd.The lyrics at this point areWhen you find that love inside of meDeep within the heart of meThis is not the girl that we have seen throughout therefore we as an audience we know that she is not the love that they are singing about. However shelooks as if she is rooting for him to find her.
8. This part of the video reinforces the poster in the opening scene. This implies how he has been fighting for a woman/his love throughout the song. Thelighting within the shot bring back the thought of the angel because of the light above his head implying a certain halo effect. Tis connotes that her hasbeen saved by finding his love which is also suggested by how he has his hands in the air as if her has just won his fight.