How To Cite a Wikipedia Article in NoodleTools
Creekview High School Spring 2010
1. Open your Wikipedia article and open your NoodleTools list
2. From the dropdown menu, choose reference source.
3. On the next screen, DO NOT make changes. Click next.
4. On the next screen, choose online for “publication medium.” Click next.
5. On the next screen, leave the default settings for the first two questions
(encyclopedia/biographical dictionary AND a single article). For the final question, choose NO
since Wikipedia is NOT in print. Click next.
6. For basic information, you only need to put the title of the article. Follow MLA rules for
7. Online retrieval: Basic information
a. Name of
b. Do not enter a
publisher or sponsor
c. Scroll to the bottom
of the article to get
the copyright date
d. Enter the URL/link to
8. Generate the citation. You are done!