On October 23rd, 2014, we updated our
By continuing to use LinkedIn’s SlideShare service, you agree to the revised terms, so please take a few minutes to review them.
Use Facebook with aims
To get updated
Engage with old friends and families
Use if you are paid for it
How Much Time Have You Wasted on
Social Networking Sites for Business
Networking for Professionals
I do active at
• Access to an almost unlimited number of professional
• The opportunity to help friends and colleagues with
recommendations and job search information,
• ƒ ƒ The ability to exchange ideas and materials outside of
one’s normal circle of contacts,
• Staying up-to-date with industry trends,
• ƒ ƒ A free or low-cost way to establish a public profile and
• ƒ ƒ An easy way to reestablish contact with long lost friends
• Incoming Projects in real life
• "People are in a different
context and mindset when
they're in a professional
[Dipchand “Deep” Nishar, LinkedIn]
• . “LinkedIn is the most powerful
social networking site to help
you grow your business. It
makes Twitter, Facebook and
YouTube seem like social
networking sites for kids...”
[LinkedIn In Depth Anthony Juliano]
Start with your profile
• What “direction” do you want to follow and
what do you want to be known for?
• Are you representing yourself as an
individual or, in the case of a small business
owner, as a company?
• What is your “brand” ?
• What is your professional interest?ƒ ƒ
Upload a Good Photo
• Complete Your Entire profile previous jobs, your community
• Keyword in your profile
• Link with previous digital material
• Create status updates
Getting a new job or promotion
Starting a new freelance or contract job
Launching a new company or venture
Adding a missing piece of your Experiences section
Taking on new responsibilities or duties
Take advantage from Network
Find through your connection
Recommendations Give / Ask
Send message to your connection
Build Your reputation on LinkedIn
• Search for, and join, any relevant LinkedIn Groups that can
help you reach your target audience
• Join Groups and participate
• From that discussion get active member to connect
Productivity is about that alone time! Remove all distractions.
Embrace small chunks of time. Work in small blocks.
Turn yesterday’s emails into today’s to-do list.
• Try a shorter, more realistic to-do list that leaves room for unexpected
• Keep three and only three lists: a To-do List, a Watch List, and a Later
Focus on the outcomes, not the inputs.
• Build a support network of people to help you get through problems when
you get stuck.
1. Read something related to your industry.
2. Check in with each team member on their progress.
3. Review your top three goals for your companies that are focused on its
4. Identify and execute one task to support each of your top three goals.
5. Post five valuable pieces of content on all my major social media
[List by J.T. O'Donnell ]
Thet Aung Min Latt
Diamond Consultant Group