2. Energy Star was created by the US EnvironmentalProtection Agency and the US Department of EnergyProducts which follow specific energy guidelines aregiven the energy star rating These products use less energy protecting the environment and saving you money
3. Energy Star rated products will save you money onyour energy bill.Energy Star products are better for the environment.Energy Star products are available in many places.
4. Home appliances Electronics Refrigerators Televisions Ovens/ranges Computers Microwaves Printers Dishwashers Telephones Washers/dryers Air conditioners Water heaters
5. These products are available everywhere Home improvement stores Department stores Online
6. According to the EPA 29% of an average annualenergy bill is used for home heatingWhat to do… Change the filter regularly Use a programmable thermostat Make sure your HVAC unit is working properly
7. According to the EPA 17% of an average annual energybill is used for home coolingWays to save… Buy energy efficient windows Keep ducts and vents clear of debris Purchase a window air conditioner
8. You can also save by turning off lights, televisions,game systems, and other devices when they are notin use.Consider unplugging them when going on vacation.Limit the use of products that use large amounts ofelectricity.Help others save money while helping theenvironment.Use green technology such as electric cars, solar,wind, and hydroelectric power.