3. LIBRARY USER POLICY• CVCC student ID cards are used as library cards and print/copy cards.• The maximum number of books a student may check out is ten.• The loan period is four weeks and two renewals are allowed.• The overdue fine is 20 cents per day per book with maximum fine of 25 dollars per book.• Students will be placed on library hold if they have overdue books and/or fines.• Library fines can be paid and library holds can be cleared at the Information Center.
4. LIBRARY AGREEMENT WITH COLUMBUS TECHNICAL COLLEGE(CTC)• Currently enrolled CVCC students may use the CTC library facilities and resources.• Students need to present the library staff at CTC: • a current CTC/CVCC Library Card • a valid photo ID• CTC/CVCC Library Card can be obtained at the Information Center in the library.• 5 items can be checked out at any time at the CTC library.• Students are responsible for the return of all library materials and paying fines associated with the accounts.
5. LIBRARY WEBSITE • Library website can be accessed at www.cv.edu/library. • The information available at the website: • The library online catalog • Hours and contact information • Library resources • Special collections • Library blogs
6. LIBRARY BLOGS • The library blogs can be accessed at http://thelrcblog.blogspot.com • The library maintains five blogs: • Library Main Blog • Library Resources • Library Instruction • Interlibrary Loan • New Acquisitions • The library blogs provide students with the most updated information on library related topics and issues.
7. LIBRARY FACEBOOK• The library Facebook can be accessed at www.facebook.com/cvc clibrary.• The library Facebook page provides: • A platform for students to communicate with the library staff. • Updated information on library topics and issues • Photos and video clips about the library
8. LIBRARY SERVICES• Reference• Interlibrary loan• Textbooks on reserve
9. REFERENCE SERVICE• On-site reference service: Phone reference: Call the information Center at (334) 291-4978• Email reference service: Email your questions to email@example.com• Online reference service: is available during the library operational hours • Through blog • On Facebook
10. INTERLIBRARY LOAN SERVICE• Interlibrary loan (ILL) service is a cooperative effort among libraries to share resources. Through ILL, we are able to borrow materials that are not owned by our library.• You may obtain ILL request forms from the library’s Information Center or submit the requests online through library blog.• There is no charge to students for ILL service.
11. TEXTBOOKS ON RESERVE• Library has textbooks on reserve for most CVCC courses.• Textbooks are for in-library use only.• Valid picture ID is required to use reserved textbooks.
13. LIBRARY ONLINE CATALOG• The library online catalog can be accessed through the library website or blog.• Materials that can be searched using the library online catalog: • Books • Periodicals (excludes newspapers) • Audio-visual materials • E-books
14. BOOKMARK COLLECTION-DELICIOUS• Delicious is a social bookmarking web service for storing, sharing, and discovering web bookmarks.• The library bookmark collection is available at www.delicious.com/cvcclrc.• The bookmarks are categorized by subjects (tags).• All bookmarks are selected by faculty or by library staff.• All bookmarks are reviewed and evaluated regularly.
15. E-BOOKS AT NETLIBRARY• The library e-book collection can be accessed at netlibrary.com .• No user ID or password required when accessing the e-book collection on campus.• Remote access is available by registering for a free account at netlibrary.com by using any computer on campus.
16. ONLINE DATABASES• Alabama Virtual Library (AVL) is primarily a group of online databases that have magazine, journal, and newspaper articles on various subjects.• The AVL can be accessed at http://www.avl.lib.al.us• No user ID or password required to access the AVL in Alabama.• Out of state access is available by obtaining a user ID and password from the library.
17. LET US SERVE YOU • Website: www.cv.edu/library • Blog: thelrcblog.blogspot.com • Facebook: www.facebook.com/cvcclibrary • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • Phone: (334) 291-4978 • Fax: (334) 291-4980