2. Previously in The Absolutely Crazy Matriarchy... Rin pulled Suze aside during the party. "Hey, Suze?" "What is it, Mum?" "You saw that witch earlier, yes?" "Yeah. Never seen her before. Who is she?" "She's Veronaville's high witch. I want you to get to know her." "Why?" "Honey, at the moment we're pretty vulnerable. With a witch in the family, we're at least slightly safer. I think you'd make a good witch." "That an insult?" "Of course not, honey. Please... just give this your best shot?" "All right. Do I get to zap Justin?" "No zapping your brothers." "Awww."...
3. ..."Oh, awesome. I could so get used to this."...
4. ...Desperate in the way only teenage boys can be, Justin turned to a more alternative method of dating. "Well, dearie, what do you like in a woman?" "Um, well, I like it if they're breathing. Oh, and coherent's a plus." "I sense I'm not going to have any trouble with this one."...
5. ...Suze giggled. "Twin, you gotta get out there, y'know? There's plenty of girls in the 'hood... there's even one willing enough to go out with Juss." "Hey!"...
6. ...One Wednesday afternoon, Suze was fighting her way through her Biology homework when she had a relevation. "Y'know what, Juss? This bites." "Yeah, it kinda does." "How about we just go to university?" "What, now?" "Why not now? We've got a ton of scholarships. We could do it." "Okay, we better talk to James when he gets back from work."...
7. ...And so the Chandlers finally reached Sim State, complete with awful wardrobe choices. "Look out, Sim State: the Chandlers are back in action!" "Dibs on the hot tub!" "Don't we have a placeholder to get rid of?" "Nuh-uh. Fire told me it was already taken care of."... *** And now we return to your regularly scheduled broadcast.
8. Exploring her new home for the next four years, Suze stumbled across the secret extension Veronica had made on the Greek House. She shuddered as she took in the room. "Ugh, this place is horrible. So much darkness... Never mind, I think I can fix it." She whipped out her wand and twirled it, muttering a quiet string of words that sounded suspiciously like 'bibbidi-bobbidi-boo'.
9. Almost instantly the walls turned a soft, cool blue and the furniture changed to white marble. The floor lamp now threw off pure white light. "That's much better. Now, to get out of this archaic getup."
10. The Greek House was given some sorely-needed renovations. It had been uncomfortably cramped for any more than three people before - now it had a second floor and more than just the one bathroom. However, nobody dared to attempt to move Gladys the cowplant.
11. Renee had come a long way from being the mostly-ignored paper girl in Veronaville. She had been given the chance to change her life, to make something of herself...
12. ...and to fall in love.
13. Justin was such a kind, considerate man. Sure, he spent probably a bit too much time outside with his telescope watching the stars, but she thought it was cute. He thought she was perfect.
14. It hadn't taken long to rekindle their relationship.
15. It was a Greek House that they lived in, though, and was not immune to wild toga parties which usually ended up with someone passing out on the floor having had too much juice. Renee wasn't quite used to the partying lifestyle.
16. Suze, being a Popularity Sim, took to the college lifestyle like a duck to water. She threw party after party, secretly hoping to find someone special among the guests.
17. Though she did find a few who were definitely interested in her...
18. She was having trouble finding someone she felt as deeply about as her grandmother felt about Ryker. I'm turning into my mother, she thought after dates with several guys who didn't quite feel right.
19. On one occasion, it was someone who found her. "Miss Susannah Chandler? You're under arrest for practising magic without a license." "You need a license to be a witch?" "You do now."
20. "This is police brutality!" "SILENCE!" "Yeesh, pushy mu-" "Do you not understand the meaning of SILENCE, young lady?" "Clearly you don't, Mr. Yelly."
21. "Hey, since when do cops have limo... oh. Well. Secret Society. Cool." Suze found herself part of the very same society that several of her distant relatives had been a part of. The very same society that had supplied Gladys. She grinned. This was going to be FUN.
22. Suze's romantic exploits did land her in hot water after a time. Slightly less skilled at hiding her multiple dates from each other than her mother had been, Suze soon ended up on the wrong end of a slapping match. "You... you tart! You said I was the only one for you!" "I said no such thing!" "Well, maybe you didn't, but I'm still hurt!" This guy flirted once with Suze autonomously. Sheesh.
23. Suze kept on the lookout, and while there were plenty of nice guys around they didn't quite fit her. They were too flirty, or too shy, or too... related to her. Yup, that's Justin's dad there at the poker table. Even though they're not technically related, I don't want to mix his genes in again.
24. However, Suze did find love... in the most unexpected of places.
25. Even if kissing was somewhat awkward.
26. Alejandro was hardly an orthodox choice for a Legacy parent, but Suze had fallen head over heels with him. So what if he'd dated her mother briefly, or been a mild irritant to her family since Susan started the Greek House? Also, in her opinion, he looked damn good out of the llama suit. Three bolt love is blind, I suppose.
27. Suze was smitten. "Why do you wear the llama suit all the time, Alejandro?" "It is my solemn duty to be one of the pure and the good mascots of Sim State University, and to triumph over the dark forces that are Cow." "Really?" "No. I get paid a lot."
28. "Susannah, you are truly the most enchanting creature I have ever seen." "You're not so bad yourself." "Um, 'scuse me? Eating here."
29. "Susannah, I feel like I could fall in love with a girl like you. You're so earnest, and brash, and open." "Yeah?"
30. "I think I could see myself falling for you, too."
31. Suze and Alejandro continued in this manner, starting PDAs all over the Greek House. It was, according to Renee, "really sweet". According to Justin, it was "nauseating".
32. Suze's magical studies were progressing, and showed in a manner she was not expecting. "Gold sparkles? Euw. I look like I have a demented kind of chicken pox. I hope Alejandro doesn't mind them..."
33. "Susannah, you are sparkling." "Side effect of the magic, it seems." "Never mind, it's beautiful. Just like you." Lost for words for once in her life, Suze just blushed.
34. Life began to fall into a pattern for the residents of Annya-Nagard-Cham House. Streakers were ignored...
35. ...pizzas were consumed by the tonne...
36. ...personal pursuits were persued...
37. ...there was a lot of wandering around in pyjamas... *drool*
38. ...games were played...
39. ...term papers were written...
40. ...and semesters were begun and ended.
41. However, one day, things changed. "Suze, you noticed anything weird about James lately?" "James IS weird, big brother." "Weirder than usual." "I dunno. Maybe he's finally getting some."
42. "That might explain it. I was doing the laundry and there was lipstick on his... oh, hi James." "Hiya, twin. You finally find yourself a lady and you're not telling us?" Justin smacked Suze in the forearm as James blushed slightly.
43. "Actually, I have to tell you guys something about that. I've met someone, and I've asked her to move in here." "Well, good for you, twin. You like her?"
44. "Uh, I think so. She's really pretty and nice."
45. "I think she's something special." "Do we get to meet her?" "Yeah. FAITH? You can come in now!"
46. A curvy blonde walked into the lounge. James looked at her with puppyish adoration. "Guys, this is Faith Saunders. My girlfriend," he said with a trace of pride.
47. "What?" Lucy Obsession stared at the scene unfolding on her monitor with outrage. She couldn't be back. But she was, and she was trying to get through poor, naive James. "CEE! LARK!"
48. "What's up, Lucy?" Cee wandered into the war room at Lucy's holler. "We have a problem." Lucy gestured towards the monitor. "She look familiar to you?" Cee looked briefly at the screen then back at Lucy in panic.
49. "Th-that's not... is it?" "I think it is." "Think it is who?" came a voice from behind them.
50. Lucy grimaced. "Fury's made her comeback. And she's trying to get her claws into James." Lark looked at the screen and her face hardened. "Ladies, I think we have to make a trip to make to Sim State University." "Shouldn't we get Fire?" asked Cee.
51. "Not a good idea. Look at the mess she got herself into last time she tried to deal with Fury. We need to deal with this quickly, before it's too late."
52. The Chandlers were rudely interrupted an hour later by Lucy's stilleto-heeled pink shoes kicking down the loungeroom door. "Lucy, was that really necessary?" sighed Cee. "Of course it was! We're the badass Simselves, arent we?"
53. Suze and Justin sat on the couch with shock frozen on their faces. James and Faith, who had been kissing, broke apart. Faith cowered from the strange people who had burst in; James faced the Simselves with hostility. "What on EARTH do you three think you're doing? I thought you guys were only meant to interfere when it was ABSOLUTELY necessary." "It IS necessary, boy." "I fail to see how so."
54. Lucy strode across and pointed threateningly at Faith. "Your little girlfriend's hiding something from you, James." "I-I don't know what you're talking about!" Faith sounded close to tears. "You're Fury in disguise, aren't you? You've got the same initials, the same eyes, the same FACE. Nice try. We see through your pathetic dyed blonde hair and clothes."
55. Now Faith did burst into tears. Between sobs, she choked out, "I'm not! I'm not! I'm just Faith!" James' hostility wavered. "No. It can't be. I'd know, surely." Lark added her own piece. "She's using you, James. We know she's a great actress... anyone would be fooled." James shook his head. I don't believe it." Cee sighed. "Sorry, James, but the evidence is that she's not who she says she is." Lucy scowled at Faith. "Come on. You'd better come quietly." "But I'm telling the truth!" wailed Faith.
56. She is, you know, came Fire's strange echoing voice from behind the Simselves. Fire walked into the room, eyeing the shoe-shaped dent in the door as she passed.
57. Faith, nearly hysterical by now, flung herself into the Simself's arms. "I d-d-don't know what they're t-t-talking about!" Shhh, it's okay. My colleagues have just jumped to the wrong conclusion. Lucy nearly growled. "You're hugging her? Fire, she's Fury! You know, your psychotic sociopathic twin?" Fire sighed. Faith, come with me for a minute. We have something to show these three. She towed Faith past the still-menacing Simselves into another part of the house.
58. When they came back, Cee gaped. Lark cringed and muttered, "Well. Oops." Lucy just grimaced and muttered that it had been a reasonable conclusion and she certainly wasn't to blame.
59. It was obvious that Fire and Faith were far from identical. Faith's lips were fuller, her face rounder, her nose straighter. She had more generous curves than Fire, and deep brown eyes. Now do you see? Faith just happens, by some genetic coincidence, to look a lot like me. But she's a natural blonde, and the eyes were just contact lenses. Faith sniffled a bit. "I thought they suited me." They did, Faith. Fire sighed. Another thing I forgot to mention. When I fought Fury, I punched her in the eye so hard the skin split. That kind of wound scars. She unconsciously touched her own scarred cheek. Faith has no scars. She's not Fury. Not even close.
60. Fire spoke to the three Simselves. I appreciate that you guys thought you were protecting me, and the Legacy. It was a good plan. But if we're going to see this thing through, we have to work together. Now that all three of us have learnt that the hard way... are we a team?
61. "Of course we are," said Cee. "Yeah, yeah, it was all our fault, we're sorry." Lucy was decidedly sore about the result. I'm not blaming anyone, said Fire hastily. We just need to trust each other.
62. We'd better get back before the men start to worry, Fire pointed out. "Yeah. I think we learnt something today." "To not threaten people who look like the evil Simself we're trying to hunt down?" "Lucy, you're missing the point," sighed Lark as the Simselves trooped out.
63. "Well, that was... eventful." James strode across to his girlfriend and gently wiped away a tear from her cheek. Faith smiled shakily. "You mean we're okay?" "'Course we are. You're my girlfriend and I love you. Takes more than a couple crazy women to end all that." He grinned. "But you might want to fix your hair and stuff. That outfit's nice, but you do look a lot like Fire, hon."
64. Life pretty much progressed as normal from that point. Suze threw large, raucous parties that somehow the entire campus invited themselves to.
65. The Greek House took to hosting poker nights, which were very popular and netted the hosts a tidy profit.
66. The weather got colder, yet Suze refused to give up the parties. What, she rationalised, was the point of a hot tub unless you used it in winter? Still, she stayed outside in a bikini a little longer than was wise.
67. Faith and James' relationship continued to deepen, though they saw no need to announce their feelings by making out constantly on the couch. Simply spending time together was enough for them.
68. Faith gave herself a makeover (with copious advice from Suze), which was only partially to distance herself from the attentions of the Simselves. She wanted to be a different person now that she'd found James.
69. Justin was continuing his pursuit of the stars. Though he'd been learning the cold science of the cosmos, he was still fascinated by their beauty and mystery, and was itching to get out and start flying.
70. However, all good things had to come to an end eventually. In her senior year, Suze approached Alejandro about placeholding. "Ale, could you do me a huge, favour?" "Placehold for you?" "Well, yes. How'd you know?" "I overheard you talking to Faith about it." "So, how about it?"
71. "For you, my love, anything. I'll move in when the last of you leaves." "I'm going to miss you, Alejandro." "You have a destiny to fulfil, Susannah. We always knew our time together like this would be short." Suze buried her face in Alejandro's shoulder to hide her tears.
72. The other residents had their own preparations to make. Justin, having just graduated, had something to settle before he left. "Renee, I've loved you ever since that gypsy dropped you onto the sidewalk at my feet. I could never bear for us to be apart. Will you marry me?"
73. Renee kept her eyes on Justin's as she slipped the gold ring onto her finger.
74. "Of course I will, you silly spare! Oh, I can't wait to plan the wedding!" "What have I gotten myself into?" groaned Justin, only half-joking. Renee punched him on the arm. "You ain't seen nothing yet, Justin Chandler."
75. Shortly after, Justin picked up the phone and dialled the taxi service, ending his university days forever.
76. He didn't mind overmuch, though. He had a bright new future to look forward to, with Renee at his side and... who knew, maybe a kid or two.
77. Suze and James graduated soon after. Suze, of course, planned to throw a party, but not the huge bashes she usually orchestrated. Something smaller, and quieter, would be better.
78. Her mother, of course, managed to guilt-trip her way onto the guest list. "Oh, you guys are growing up so fast! It couldn't have been twenty years ago that you were a baby, surely?" "Better believe it, Mum. Time to hand over the reins." Rin mock-shuddered. "Good grief." "Funny, Mum. Really funny."
79. Of course, it wouldn't be a Greek House party without a bubble blower. Suze sat with her mother and father, enjoying her last moments of fun before she got down to work.
80. At the party's end, Suze grew into an adult at last, complete with apparently mandatory witch's robes. "Damn. I miss my combat boots."
81. Suze strode purposefully towards the waiting taxi, hoping that nobody noticed the trepidation on her face.
82. James also graduated, but he had something to take care of before he left. "Faith... marry me?" Faith squealed. "Yes! Yes, yes, yes!"
83. They didn't need big speeches or declarations of love. All they needed was each other. Yay roamtic slush.
84. Satisfied, James picked up the phone and called the taxi service, leaving college (and, temporarily, Faith) behind.
85. Shortly afterwards, Renee followed suit.
86. Finally, Faith called Alejandro over to placehold and then made her own call. All the Generation Six Chandlers and spouses were finally out of Sim State for good.
87. Faith smiled slightly as she walked out to the taxi in the cold autumn night air. This was it - the first day of the rest of her future.
88. That's the end of Chapter 6.1. Thanks for reading! Heh. Floaty Zappy Robots: 1; Evil Cow Mascot: 0.