1. Hi, welcome back to the Absolutely Crazy Matriarchy! Who is this, you ask? This is my simself, the imaginatively-named Fire Simself. o_O She's going to be doing the introductions from now on, plus a few cameos. "Hi everyone! Last time in the Absolutely Crazy Matriarchy, our heir Rebakah Chandler came home from College. Her older brother and spare Daniel moved in with his girlfriend, Shenene Gast."
2. It was a fairly emotional reunion.
3. They wasted little time in getting married. They had decided on a small, intimate ceremony without all the drama of family and such. Now, back to the REAL story.
4. "Rebakah! You're home!" "I didn't mean to get you and mum out of bed, Grandmama." "Oh, I don't mind. I get to see my little Beka again!"
5. "Beka!" "Mum!" "You need better clothes than those, dear." "Mum! Do I look six years old again?" Some things never change.
6. I've remodeled the second floor so Beka will have somewhere more comfortable to sleep than in her teenage bedroom. Plus, I've added a nursery for her future kiddies.
7. And she's been home all of three hours, and she manages to set the kitchen on fire. With full cooking skill. Really, Beka, you should know better.
8. "Nothing in the Intelligence career for me." Okay then, you can stay unemployed for a while. I have plans for you anways. "Plans?" Yep. Go out to a community lot and get some clothes.
9. "Shenene!" Aww, a nice little Greek House reunion.
10. "So what am I doing here? I have my new clothes, can't I go home?" Nope. You have to find a witch. "What?" You thought I'd forgotten?
11. Several hours later, we spot the High Witch of Light.
12. And Rebakah greets her and immediately strikes up a coversation. "So what's it like being a witch?" "Difficult but rewarding. Are you considering on walking the path, dear? "Well, I wasn't, but then Fire my legacy creator said I had to. So, yeah." "Oh dear. A Legacy. I see." Why the negative attitude? Yeesh.
13. When Beka got home I had Holly add her to the Legacy Wall. Since this shot was taken in medium quality (as has been most of the legacy so far, oops) it's a little indistinct. But nice.
14. Oh no. Beka, what are you eating? "Not sure. I found it in the fridge and it tastes good." It's cheesecake, isn't it? Damn. "What's wrong with cheesecake?" Cheesecake causes twins. "Oh crud."
15. "So, I guess I have to start continuing the family line now." Not just yet. I want you in your career first. That means Intelligence, not anything else. "Right."
16. Nice little familt shot here. They all share a certain... resemblance. Gotta be the brown hair. Stupidly I chose a dominant hair type for my founder. Oops.
17. "Ah, my dear, good to see you. Have you decided to become a witch yet?" "Yes, I have." "Excellent!" *casts spell*
18. "Whoa, sparkly! This feels... weird..." I'll bet.
19. "Hey, I feel... magical. But these clothes are ick." You can go get yours back if you want. "Okeydokey."
20. "My first spell!" All Good witches cast Beautificus Locus when they're transformed. Just in case you didn't know.
21. "So much more to learn! So many spells, so little time..." A lot of these spells will come in handy - particularly the conjured servant. Cheaper than a maid. But spookier.
22. "I have chicken pox!" Sims don't get chicken pox. Plus, chicken pox usually doesn't show as little gold sparkles. The sparkles are just a symptom of having high virtue as a witch. "Okay, I think I can live with the sparkles." Wait till she gets the glowy blue aura.
23. "Damion! So good to see you!" "My girlfriend has sparkly skin. New moisturiser?" Um, no. She's a witch now. "Oh, snap! That was unexpected!" "Damion, that was not an 'oh, snap' moment." "Was for me."
24. Damion doesn't seem to mind Beka's new look. "Damn right! I get a sexy older lady! Reow!" "Mmmmph!" Sims are very strange creatures.
25. I love how witches just whip out their wands for no reason. Like the hobby mannerisms. "Hmm, who will I spell next?"
26. It's Susan's birthday! On a side note, Beka has made full virtue. "I glow now!" Make a wish, Susan. "I wish... for grandchildren by the dozen!" Um. No. Not happening. Sorry. Maximum of four. (My own rules.)
27. "Go, mum!" "Happy birthday, Susan!" "Ouch, my back!" Yeah, that happens.
28. And in that burst of confetti is our beloved, elder-ified Susan. She has aged well, exceot for the tacky elder clothes. To the shopping center, Susan! "I want something purple." Why am I not surprised?
29. Ahh, that's better. "So, I get to be a grandma soon?" Yeah, if Beka gets her career sorted. Stupid career track hasn't shown up yet.
30. Beka, it's been a week. Still no Intelligence career. Care to settle for something else? "Nope. A LTW is a LTW." Dang, she's right.
31. These things creep me out. They just float, but with walky movements. Plus, if you listen, they have guy voices. Even though the non-being-thing clearly has invisible girly-bumps. Creepy.
32. To alleviate the family's despair at Beka's inability to get a job, I have adopted for them an adorable little kitten called Popcorn. "Aww, she's so cute!"
33. And old. She grew up an hour after she got to the house. Weird, I pay for a kitten and get a cat. Popcorn needs a makeover to be more Popcorn-ish, I think.
34. Ahh, that's better. Wonder if this is one of those legacies where the pets talk...? *silence* Apparently not.
35. It's been a week. Still no Intelligence career. This stinks. "Ya reckon?"
36. "Hey, I have a castle!" Dream on, Rebakah. Mind you, I wish you were right. Having Sims in the Palace of Neverending Light would be way awesomer than stupid Legacy lots.
37. "Fire? Can I have a word?" Sure, Holly. "I'm getting too old for raising children. I don't think I could handle any great grandchildren." You won't have to, Holly. "Why not?" Oh, Holly. Your lifetimer is running out. You only have a few hours left.
38. "I love you, Pao. You'll find someone else, someday. Someone who you can grow old with, someone you can marry and have boatloads of kids with." "I'll never forget you, my Holly."
39. "It's up to you to keep things together now, Susan. Be well." "I love you, mum. Wait for us." "I will, don't worry."
40. "Beka... the pressure is on you, now. Be yourself, always." "I will, grandmama. I'll miss you." "We'll meet again someday, dear." Um, Holly? Your appointment's here.
41. Miss Holly Chandler, aged 81? "That's me." Your time has come. You must come with me now. "I know."
42. "Grandmama!" "Be strong, Beka. Look after Pao for me." Come along, Miss Holly Chandler. "Very well." I think a musical tribute is in order for our founder.
43. Another turning point A fork stuck in the road Time grabs you by the wrist Directs you where to go
44. So make the best of this test And don't ask why It's not a question But a lesson learned in time
45. It's something unpredictable But in the end it's right I hope you had the time of your life
46. So take the photographs And the still frames in your mind Hang it on a shelf In good health and good time
47. Tattoos of memories And dead skin on trial For what it's worth It was worth all the while
48. It's something unprediactable But in the end it's right I hope you had the time of your life Greenday - Time of Your Life
49. Holly Chandler Age: 81 Children: Susan Chandler Grandchildren: Rebakah and Daniel Chandler LTW: Top of Medical Career (achieved) Goodbye, Holly.
50. "Oh, mum! Why did you have to leave me?" Susan, it was her time. Now it's up to you to be Matriarch of the Matriarchy.
51. "I miss grandmama. She'll never see her great-grandchildren." I beg to differ. I get the feeling that her ghost will make an appearance at some stage. Gulp.
52. Still no Intelligence job. I've given up and made Beka get a Paranormal job in the interim - at least she'll get the Resurrect-O-Nomitron. "Can I use it on Grandmama?" No. That phone is for emergency use only - like if the heir gets cowplanted or something. "Fair enough."
53. I really love the Thrones of Light. They come in really useful after a long day of reagent making... or during a pregnancy, hint hint. "Not until I get my LTW career, remember?" Which will happen soon. I hope.
54. Ah, Holly! You're back with us! "Indeed, but I feel less substantial than usual." Well, you DID die yesterday evening. "State the obvious day, is it? Ah, I see you have retained my bed." No use having an irritable ghost around.
55. "Fire! Fire! You'll never guess!" You got into the Intelligence career? "Yeah. How'd you guess?" Little birdy. Now, go get some promotions and then we can start the next generation!
56. "This outfit makes me look like a lawyer." You're a spy. You need to look inconspicuous. "I want to head SCIA now." Give it time.
57. And look who's come to visit. Daniel, our favourite spare. Hiya, Daniel! "..." Daniel? "Hi there, mum!" Oh. He can't hear me. How odd.
58. "I just wanted to tell you how awesome your graduation party was. And also Daniel can't hear Fire any more." "That's weird. Wonder why?" "I guess he's no longer part of the main legacy. He doesn't need to hear her." Notice the cheesecake Beka has again. I really want girl twins so I can have an heir poll. Beka has eaten nothing but cheesecake since she got home.
59. Promotion? "Promotion! Can I invite Damion over then?" I have a better idea to cut out the middle man.
60. "Ah. Apello Simae. Nice thinking, Fire." Quicker than by phone, yes? "Yeah. Plus, it's sparkly!" Legacy Sims are worse than magpies.
61. I think I'll give the two of you some privacy. "That might... mmmph... be a good idea." "Mmmmh..." *runs away*
62. A lullaby! On the first try! That almost never happens to me, that's weird. Oh well. Fingers crossed for twins.
63. "Ugh." Morning sickness, dear Beka? "Indeed. All that cheesecake... looks gross now." That's it for chapter 3.3. Next time in the Absolutely Crazy Matriarchy, a birth! Or perhaps births!
64. "Mum, I think I'm pregnant." "That's fantastic! I can retire now!" Says who? "Says me. Grandkids, here I come!"