CBI low carbon business breakfast: John Ainley (Aviva)

546
-1

Published on

Presentation by John Ainley, group HR director, Aviva plc at the the CBI's third low-carbon business breakfast event. London, June 2010.

Published in: Business, Technology
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
546
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
14
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

No notes for slide

CBI low carbon business breakfast: John Ainley (Aviva)

  1. 1. Employee led sustainability? Pruning apple trees to Climate Change reality<br />John Ainley - Group HR & CR Director<br />Taking the right steps forward<br />
  2. 2. Aviva & Climate Change<br />Aviva is the world’s fifth largest insurance group, providing insurance, savings and investment products across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. We employ 46,000 people providing prosperity and peace of mind to our 53 million customers worldwide. <br />Globally, long term insurance and savings accounted for 80% of our business- based on sales in 2009, compared to general insurance and health which makes up the other 20%<br />
  3. 3. Aviva & Climate Change<br />Climate change is a risk to the longevity of our current business model<br />Increasingly a disrupter to our purpose - prosperity and peace of mind <br />Addressing impacts and using our influence to encourage others<br />Climate change is a long term challenge which demands long term solutions which need to be integrated into the way we do business <br />
  4. 4. Climate change strategy<br />Sphere of Control<br />Working to reduce our own climate change impact through behaviour and technology.<br />Helping employees to manage their own carbon footprint.<br />Control<br />Operations, employees<br />Participation in external forums<br />Customers,Suppliers,Investees<br />Concern<br />Influence<br />Sphere of Concern<br />Engaging with like-minded companies and organisations on the issue of climate change to reach consensus on understanding and action.<br />Sphere of Influence<br />Creating new or adapting existing products which reward positive environmental behaviour of customers.<br />Encouraging responsible behaviour in the companies we invest in.<br />Building CR question sets into the supplier tendering process. Issues affecting climate change are included.<br /> page 4<br />
  5. 5. Our employee promise<br />Employee Promise <br /> “At Aviva, I am recognised for who I am, and my contribution matters.”<br />Aviva’s commitment to CR is genuine<br />66%<br />27%<br /> 6%<br />Aviva makes business choices that <br />support the environment<br />62%<br />30%<br /> 8%<br />Favourable responses are 8% above the Global Norm<br />
  6. 6. Employee communications<br />Annual Corporate Responsibility Report<br />Annual Employee Report<br />Groupwide intranet (AvivaWorld)<br />Open forums & Townhalls<br />
  7. 7. Some examples…..<br />PAYD<br />Carshare schemes<br />Bike2Work <br />iSAVE<br />Insulate Today<br />Employee carbon offsetting<br />10:10<br />
  8. 8. Regional Initiatives – Hong Kong<br />
  9. 9. Environmental Champions<br />130 champions<br />Throughout UK<br />Feedback local issues<br />Share practical solutions<br />Cross regional roll-out<br />
  10. 10. 45,000 Environmental Champions <br />
  1. A particular slide catching your eye?

    Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.

×