- Aristotle called this the "the life and soul of the drama."
- Most important of six elements
- "the arrangement of the incidents"
- The plays plot consists of the selected incidences and their sequence
- B eginning, middle and end
- "the agent for the action"
- Makes the action possible
- We recognize characters by what they do
- Actors are the “doers” of the character's actions
- What is the universal truth of the play?
- What is the message of a film or play you have seen?
- Leather shoes on the wooden stage
- Least important to Aristotle for tragedy.
- Do we need to see comedy?
Can you apply the Six Elements?