launched their very first “Thank You” campaign by redecorating a brand new Porsche 911 GT3 R Hybrid. The speedy coupe has been covered with vinyl graphics listing the first 1,000,000 fans on Facebook
Dell offers refurbished laptops, desktops, workstations, servers and storage, and monitors and printers from Dell Outlet in the USA, with its @DellOutlet account on Twitter a primary channel to notify followers of the latest offers. both refurbished equipment as well as new systems – has now exceeded $3 million.
If your social media marketing is good enough, mass media will pick it up
Dollar Shave Club spent $4,500 on this initial video12,000 customers in just the first two days its e-doors were open.4 million views in just over a month, overall 8Mimpression was compounded by the fact that it produced enough hits to crash the company’s website.
In a shining example of a brand being blissfully unaware of its own reputation, McDonald’s used the hashtag #McDStories to promote video content of their suppliers talking about McDonald’s ingredients. Eventuallywas hijacked by consumers complaining about the company’s service and the quality of the food.
Take - Social media campaigns always contain a measure of risk
Meme - An image, video, etc. that is passed electronically from one Internet user to another.Grumpy catInsane ex girlfriendRidiculously photogenic guyMcKayla not impressed
1. Social MediaChanged theway weCommunicate
2. Facebook tops Google for Weekly traffic in the US
3. 25% of search results for the world’s largestbrands linked to user generated content
4. 80% of users prefer to connect with brands overfacebook
5. 1 Million websites have integratedwith Facebook
6. 80% of US companies use Social Media forrecruiting employees 95% of them via LinkedIn
7. While you read this 100 Hours of videos areuploaded to YouTube
8. Social media sites also give startup businesses thechance to share advertising space with corporategiants.
9. Content Marketing Is the New Social MediaMarketing.We don’t need to search for products, they find us
10. “We don’t have achoice on whetherwe do social media,the question is howwe do it”
11. The bigchallenge is howto do it right…
12. Big brands on Social MediaPorsche says thank you.1 Million times
13. Big brands on Social MediaDell’s Social MediaListening Command Center
14. Big brands on Social MediaOld Spice – The horse is everywhere! 44M YouTube views Facebook interaction increased by 800% Sales increased by 107% The Old Spice guy responded with 116 YouTube videos within 24 hours
15. Big brands on Social MediaDollarShaveClub.com –Our Blades Are F***ing Great
16. Brands who fail to shineMcDonalds Twitter Hashtag Promotion#McDStories, , Goes Horribly Wrong
17. Brands who fail to shine“American Apparel”& “Gap”Teases HurricaneSandy Promotion
18. 2013 Predictions Social Media ROI will be easier to measure Visuals will play a bigger role than ever Content will be more optimized for mobile platforms Social media advertising will continue to grow