2. http://thekbuzz.com About theKbuzz <ul><li>Company was formed when its founders were married on a ball field, in a sponsored wedding that garnered $100,000 in sponsorships and $20,000 for charity– attracting national and international press. </li></ul><ul><li>Social Media and Word of Mouth Marketing Firm dedicated to authentically amplifying the conversation around our clients. </li></ul><ul><li>Provide strategy and execution for clients entering the social media space </li></ul><ul><li>Winner, 2008 & 2009 WOMMIE, from the </li></ul><ul><li>Word of Mouth Marketing Association </li></ul><ul><li>-Have built and managed over </li></ul><ul><li>250 Facebook Fan Pages </li></ul><ul><li>-1 of 48 global Facebook </li></ul><ul><li>Preferred Developer Consultants </li></ul>
3. The Shocking Truth As many people use social media as use email! <ul><li>Email and Text Messaging data source 2008 MRI </li></ul><ul><li>Google data source to ComScore </li></ul><ul><li>Social media data source 2008 Cone Institute Study </li></ul>This number will only grow!
4. <ul><li>In September 2008, a study on social media was completed by The Cone Institute. It found: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>184,000,000 Americans use social media. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>93% of those Americans believe that companies should have a presence on those social mediums </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>85% believe that companies should not only be present, but should regularly interact with their customers on social media . </li></ul></ul>
5. What this means for you… <ul><ul><li>Word of Mouth will always be the best form of advertising for your organization. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Friends will always take advice from friends… </li></ul></ul>
6. But with Social Media, the definition of “Friends” has changed drastically
7. http://thekbuzz.com There are over 450 million users of Facebook, many of whom spend time over 2 hours per day on the site. It’s not just for kids anymore! The most rapidly growing demos on the most rapidly growing social network are adults 55+! Ad targeting opportunities are unparalleled! You can target by: age, town, interests, job title, company, and hundreds of other keyword categories. Facebook’s natural virality allows users to endorse your center with the click of a button to hundreds of their friends. Your BUSINESS!
8. The Top 25 Client Fan Pages on Facebook as voted by theKbuzz Disclosure: These are all current or former clients of theKbuzz . We didn’t allow clients to be eligible for our Top 40, but we wanted to showcase some of our favorites. Introducing…
9. facebook.com/EssentialDesignBuild Great fan interaction!
10. facebook.com/UnoChicagoGrill Information rich welcome tab places value on becoming a fan.
11. facebook.com/RAGESC Engaging content builds relationships with concerned fans.
12. We love their interactive welcome tab and their graphics! We also like the consistency of their content and the integration of the blog. facebook.com/MarriedNY
13. facebook.com/1800flowers Great fan-only deals and engaging content. Also, you can shop right on the page!
14. facebook.com/Fibro360 Highly responsive fans and steady growth. Great use of social media to raise awareness as well.
15. facebook.com/bostonsexED Great initiative, use of video and valuable stream!
16. facebook.com/NMSSLI Local organic growth driven by interactive content.
17. facebook.com/ChillZone Young, fun and engaging! (Word of Mouth Marketing Association award winner 2009)
18. facebook.com/PetrolJeans Lots of fan feedback leading to valuable business- consumer relationships.
19. facebook.com/striderite Fans share photos of their kids in stride rite shoes and each week, a fan pic is included in the profile pic.
20. facebook.com/NYCquits Great cause, great page, great stream.
21. facebook.com/ShiningExampleNY Valuable content supporting engaging campaign. Great use of video!
22. facebook.com/EmmaAndNicola Relevant topics in stream lead to high fan feedback rates.
23. facebook.com/NYCcondom Highly informative and interactive. Great way to address controversial topic.
24. facebook.com/MissTeenFlint.Saginaw Highly interactive series of localized pages.
25. facebook.com/JenniferWeiner Effective use of social stream to support reader connections.
26. facebook.com/HallieDurand Great use of book content in stream to interact with fans.
27. facebook.com/VisitGalvestonIsland Great, shareable travel resource for visitors and residents.
28. facebook.com/GenerationCures Great way for kids to get on social media with parents for a good cause.
29. facebook.com/Episencial They share great articles and information which leads to a steady incline in fan count and brand awareness.
30. facebook.com/OurJewishCommunity Great use of social media for religious community building. Includes live-streamed services.
31. facebook.com/LotusFoodLtd Call to action and highlighted value in optimized profile image contributes to fan growth.
32. facebook.com/OmahaSteaks Interactive welcome tab with high value for consumer. Stream contains engaging content, not just about the brand.
33. facebook.com/VerizonFiOS Fan videos show engagement and valuable relationships being formed between the brand and the end-user.
34. The Top 40 Fan Pages on Facebook as voted by theKbuzz Introducing… <ul><li>Criteria: </li></ul><ul><li>Brand Responsiveness </li></ul><ul><li>Interactivity </li></ul><ul><li>Creativity </li></ul><ul><li>Overall Design/Graphics </li></ul><ul><li>Fan Count** </li></ul>** While we are in no way obsessed with fan numbers, it would be remiss of us to pretend that they don’t matter at all. That being said, we only take fan number counts into consideration in so much as they are proportionate to the reach of the business . In other words, we do not expect a small, local boutique to have anywhere near as many fans as a national brand – a few hundred fans for your neighborhood dentist is likely a great number! But we do expect well-known chains, franchises, and brand names alike to have an appropriately large fan base if they are included in our Top 40.
35. facebook.com/TJMaxx <ul><li>We love how this page has 62,000 fans who are all extremely interactive and responsive! </li></ul>
36. facebook.com/DunkinDonuts <ul><li>This page has an AWESOME use of </li></ul><ul><li>promos and Facebook events. Love the fan of the week! </li></ul>
37. facebook.com/WholeFoods <ul><li>Local store integration is ahead of its time. </li></ul>
38. facebook.com/BestBuy <ul><li>IdeaGiftr application is awesome! </li></ul>
39. facebook.com/Gatorade <ul><li>We love how Gatorade integrates Ustream! </li></ul>
40. facebook.com/SixFlags <ul><li>Great call to action page along with fans who post pictures and engage! </li></ul>
41. facebook.com/RaymourAndFlanigan <ul><li>This page updates engaging multimedia. Great profile picture and call to action tab. </li></ul>
42. facebook.com/ M ashable <ul><li>Mashable.com has very consistent, engaging content and a great call-to-action to become a fan. </li></ul>
43. facebook.com/CocaCola <ul><li>This page is a unique brand/fan-run page that features unmatched Facebook creativity! </li></ul>
44. facebook.com/CupcakeRoyale We love the integration of the Twitter and Blog underneath the profile picture. Great photos too!
45. facebook.com/OceanCity <ul><li>Good call to action tab for fans and engaging content. </li></ul>
46. facebook.com/VSPink <ul><li>Victoria’s Secret Pink’s unparalleled use of graphics comes as no surprise. </li></ul>
47. facebook.com/ Z appos <ul><li>The playfulness and responsiveness of this brand is unmatched! </li></ul>
48. facebook.com/CNN <ul><li>We love CNN’s great use of livechat and constant interactive content. </li></ul>
49. facebook.com/BostonCeltics We love Boston Celtics’ 3-point landing tab. It is really creative and interactive
50. facebook.com/Carnival This page has engaging content, great pictures and we like the call-to-action to become a fan.
51. facebook.com/MascotChallenge We love the integration of this fun iPhone app and the interaction with fans sharing videos.
52. facebook.com/CleanAirNewYork Clean Air NY shares engaging content and is responsive to fans.
53. facebook.com/DistinctiveHomesMag We love the great design of this page and the call to action of their Search Properties Tab.
54. facebook.com/Give2Lavi Great profile picture, Great design, Great call-to-action to Become a Fan!
55. facebook.com/Parenting Parenting.com has great creative content in their stream on a daily basis.
56. facebook.com/smexaminer Social Media Examiner has very consistent, engaging content and a great call-to-action to become a fan.
57. facebook.com/CafeBrazil We like that Cafe Brazil integrates Twitter and Yelp.
58. Good 2 Go Taco We like that Good 2 Go Taco updates wall with photos of daily specials board.
59. facebook.com/AkronCantonAirport We love their profile picture, their responsiveness and their route map.
60. facebook.com/ZokaCoffeeRoaster We love their graphics, their relevant engaging content and their great call-to-action to become a fan.
61. facebook.com/MedievalTimes This page is really fan-orientated! We like the Medieval Joke Contest and their promotions for fans. Great call-to-action to Become a Fan.
62. Your Future at Deloitte (New Zealand) We love their Live and Interactive tab. We also like the consistency and responsiveness of this page.
63. facebook.com/European.Tours We like that Go Ahead Tours focuses on building a community of travelers with their Connect Tab. This results in lots of pictures and comments shared.
64. facebook.com/TibetHouse.US We love how they dedicate a tab to Foursquare!
65. facebook.com/ShanesRibs Fun content, trivias and contests make this page very welcoming and friendly!
66. facebook.com/Edutopia We love the integration of YouTube and Social RSS. This page has really engaging and consistent content using polls, videos and links.
67. We liked their diversified and fun content. The Join the Team tab shows how this page is fan oriented. facebook.com/TequilaWhisperer
68. facebook.com/QueenOfYourOwnLife Great page name (something people would really become a fan of) Integrate Blog, Twitter, and Youtube, This page has beautiful tabs. Really branded by sticking to a theme(respond to fan comments by saying Queen[name of the person who commented ])
69. facebook.com/CenterOnMediaAndChildHealth We really like the consistency of this page’s content, their great use of videos and the integration of similar non-profit pages!
70. We love Motorola’s Tabs! Really Fun and creative! The content is engaging and generates lots of comments from the fans. facebook.com/ M otorola
71. facebook.com/yourNBAdestination We like ESPN’s very engaging content, stimulating fans’ comments, integration of You Tube and free iPhone app.
72. facebook.com/BauerHockey Bauer Hockey utilizes multimedia content to engage, specifically videos.
73. facebook.com/VeriSign We love VeriSign’s integration of their Blog and YouTube.
74. facebook.com/ScholasticBookClubs We love Scholastic Book Clubs’ consistent & engaging content and their responsiveness.
75. The Question is… How can you make your Facebook Fan Page an award-winning quality page?
76. <ul><li>Facebook Best Practices: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Make your public profile a place filled with valuable content. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Give your fans a reason to become fans. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Use updates to ask questions and elicit response, not deliver press releases </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Engage fans through creative content </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Think of your page in terms of being for your fans, not being for your brand </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Hypertarget with Social Ads and with Updates </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Give fans reasons to post content on your profile page </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Worry less about developing a custom good application, and worry more about creating good conversation </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Monitor conversation </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Thank and respond to the positive </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Respond even more diligently to the negative </li></ul></ul>
77. Hypertarget Your Perfect Customers using Facebook Ads Creation of hyper-targeted Facebook ads, building your audience Target: Real Estate agents Target: Real Estate brokers Target: Specific agencies looking to target for upcoming events Example Ad:
78. Hypertarget Your Perfect Customers using Facebook Ads Creation of hyper-targeted Facebook ads, building your fan (and customer) base Target: Women age 20 – 40 in New York, NY Target: Upper West Siders Target: Students from key New York colleges/universities Target: Men and Women 20 – 40 in New York, NY Example Ad:
79. Ways theKbuzz Can Help You: <ul><ul><li>Free resources from theKbuzz: Visit our blog BuzzMarketingDaily.com or our Facebook Page http://Facebook.com/theKbuzz for constant tips on your entrance into the social media space. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Small Business: For Seamless strategy and execution… </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>theSocialLift: http://thesociallift.com </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>USE CODE “GOSOCIAL” FOR 25% OFF– FIRST 50 SIGNUPS ONLY. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Larger business? Looking for a complete social media strategy, plan & execution? Try Social Ideation! Email [email_address] or call 718.416.2899 </li></ul></ul>
80. Thank You! Engage with us @thekbuzz on Twitter Ask us questions @ http://facebook.com/theKbuzz Link in with us @ http://bit.ly/theKbuzzLinkedIn Or, call us anytime @ 718.416.2899 ***ReTweet this presentation for a chance to win a FREE month of consultation, and gift cards from our clients! ($8,000 value). We’ll draw from all eligible entries using twitRand on May 17 th , 2010. We’ll update this slideshow with the winner shortly thereafter.