KIRRA Leaders need to manage the mood of an organisation. One of the primary challenges facing managers and leaders is how to lead and learn through EI and reasoning, instead of through more traditional management methods. The most gifted leaders are self aware
They understand and can control their emotions
whilst intuitively grasping how others feel.(spontaneously) It is the ability that enables leaders to know how they are feeling and why, and the impact their feelings have on their behaviour. So where does EI come from, and how do leaders learn to use it?
KIRRA Building trusting relationships: Develops specific ways to create and sustain trust with current and potential customers, team members, and within the organisation. Fosters loyalty in authentic and straightforward ways.
KIRRA Increasing energy and effectiveness under pressure: Develops specific, achievable ways to encourage mental awareness and expectancy. Encourages emotional commitment to the organisation’s strategic choices and vision.
Creating the future: Utilise the power of divergent views, and encourage the strengths and talents in one-self and others.
1. THARAKA DIASMBA(USA), BBA(USA), Dip in Mgt, ACIM(UK), FAEA(Dip in AEA- UK), FinstSMM(UK), CPM(Asia), MSLIM Director –My Media Network 1
5. Emotional Intelligence is the ability of an individual to deal successfully with other people , to manage one’s self, motivate other people, understand ones own feelings and appropriately respond to the everyday environment 5
7. The research shows that IQ can help you to be successful to the 20% extent of 20 percent IQ only in life. The rest of 80 percent success 80% depends on your EQ. EQ 7
8. Is it your IQ: Exams passed, competitions cleared, percentage of marks in schools and colleges, academic qualifications etc Earning fat salary, top positions in workplace, being rich and wealthy, powerful, dominating, being influential etc 8
10. GETS YOU GETS YOUHIRED FIRED/PROMOTED THE PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS 10
14. Self OthersRecognition Self- Social Awareness AwarenessRegulation Self- Relationship Management Management Positive impact on others 14
16. Personal CompetenceThese competencies determine how we manage ourselves. Social CompetenceThese competencies determine how we handle relationships. 16
17. Knowing one’s internal states,preferences, resources and intuitions. Emotional Awareness Accurate Self-assessment Self-confidence 17
21. Example of your own on following1. Self-control2. Trustworthiness3. Conscientiousness4. Adaptability5. Innovation 21
22. Emotional tendencies that guide or facilitate reaching goals. Achievement Drive Commitment Initiative Optimism 22
23. Write down 5 things that will motivate you 23
25. Awareness of others’ feelings, needs and concerns. Understanding Others Developing Others Service Orientation Leveraging Diversity Political Awareness 25
26. Explain a real time situation that you demonstrate Empathy 26
27. Adeptness at inducing desirable results from others. Influence Communication Conflict Management Leadership Change Catalyst Building Bonds 27
29. Helps managers handle Teaches managers cope when change & uncertainty hits organization or theiradversity & setback personal lives. 29
30. Help them manage effective Help them being focused andrelationship. stay on track by remembering purpose & vision. 30
36. • Working at a common place, emotions will play a role.• Don’t bring your personal problems 36
37. CLEAR COMMUNICATION EMPATHY SELF AWARENESS DECISION MAKING PROBLEM SOLVING SHARING PATIENCE LISTENING CARING GETTING ALONG WITH OTHERS GENTLENESS SELF MOTIVATION SELF CONTROL 37
38. Visionary: Ability to set the direction of the organization Inspirational: Ability to Motivate Communication: Ability to Express the Message Empathy: Ability to make Connections with Constituents Manage Change Ability to Move the Organization Forward 38
39. “Vision without action is hallucination” Andy Law, St.Lukes 39
40. “take the firststep in faith. Youdo not have tosee the wholestaircase.Just takethe firststep.”Martin Luther King 40
41. we can all beleaders 41
42. “Right, Im going to leaveyou, I know there is going to be a tsunami” Tilly Smith, Age 10 42