Hamid PROJECT MANAGER
Skilled and self-motivated young professional; keen to find a challenging
Raza position in a progressive organization. Excellent communications skills
with ability to relate wide range of personals. Solid expertise in data
PMP, ITIL networks deployment, large-scale program and project management.
78/C, Rachna Town, Shahdara Technical Summary
Lahore 54950, Pakistan
Certifications Wireless LANs,
PMP, 2009 Firewalls, TCP/IP
MCDBA, 2001 Windows (all);
University of the Punjab, PK
MS Project, MS
National College of Computer
Visio, MS Office
MS in Computer Science, 2002
University of the Punjab, PK
BS in Mathematics, 2005
Career Snapshot Oracle
• Ten years’ solid experience
in IT infrastructure Languages:
deployment projects. Visual Basic, Java,
• Outstanding relationship SQL, JSP,
builder, skilled at quickly HTML/DHTML,
gaining the trust and PHP
respect of business
leaders, customer, vendors
• Persuasive negotiator;
complex plans to senior-
level decision makers and
• Demonstrated success
applying existing and
emerging technologies to
deliver multiple IT Experience
international programs on
schedule and within
• Team Management under Corvit Networks
the constraints of tight Manager Technical,
schedules. August 2002-Present
• Expert in communications,
relationship building and Royal Institute of
user training and support. Computer Science
Key Skills Manager, June 2001-
• Strategic technology
• Full life-cycle project Pioneer Steel Mills
management Incharge MIS,
• Change management October 1998-March
• Risk Management 2000
• Program management
• Business intelligence National Academy
• Content management Administrator /
• Leadership Owner, July 1995-
• Network & System Security September 1998
• Vulnerability Assessments
• System Integration
• Quality assurance
• Financial management
“Current Job Description”
• Team player
August 2002 – to date
• Analytical approach
• Bilingual Corvit Networks (Cisco Certified Gold Partner)
• Problem solving
• Managing nationwide team of 55 Network and Support Engineers.
• Excellent communication
• Leading the project team and motivate them to develop their skills and experience.
• Working with senior management to develop and monitor program execution plan.
• Effective negotiator
• Developing, communicating, maintaining, and enforcing operational objectives, policies,
• Self motivated procedures, plans, & performance evaluation criteria for the success of projects.
Associations • Leading multiple concurrent projects providing planning and administration. Handling
issue related to execution and monitoring project progress. Strictly following the project
• Member editorial board of lines and keeping project status up-to-date.
PMI Lahore Chapter • Interfacing with executive management on all project related issues, changes, reporting
Newsletter and impacts to ensure that ample information is provided to all stakeholders in a timely
• Member executive manner.
committee of IBA Alumni • Managing change control procedure related to scope, requirements, design, resources,
Punjab University Pakistan functionality, risk, budget and timelines.
• Member Toastmaster • Assuring projects’ quality control and standards implementation throughout the
International Lahore business and technology teams.
Chapter • Taking hiring decisions, performs employee reviews and conflicts resolution.
• Member PMI • Reporting directly to COO and frequent interfaces with executive management.
• Conduct vendor selections, contract reviews and negotiations.
• Handling budget planning and ROI.
• Working for higher standards of customers and stakeholders’ satisfaction.
• Relationship building with key customer and stakeholders.
• Managing Services Level Agreements (SLAs).
Project Management Experience
Major contribution in projects related Research and Development for integrating secure
WAN design, network security infrastructure, wireless LAN & WAN and deployment of OFC
and UTP/STP base LAN infrastructure at corporate levels.
WAN and Security Projects – Cisco Routers, Catalyst Switches, PIX Firewalls and ASAs
• Mobilink (PRBT Project)
• Nokia Siemens Network, Lahore
• Pakistan Software Export Board (PSEB)
• Telenor, Lahore
• Prime Commercial Bank (presently ABN-AMRO)
• PICIC Commercial Bank Limited (Presently NIB)
• Presson Descon, Descon Infosys, Descon Engineering, JGC-Descon
• Motorola (Mobilink, HLS Project)
Wireless LAN & WAN Projects – Cisco Aironet, Aperto, Redline, Orthogon and Motorola Canopy
• University of Engineering and Technology (UET), Lahore
• King Edward (KE) University, Lahore
• Presson Descon
• Daily Times
• United State Education Fund (USEF)
• MOL Pakistan, Ghurgari, NWFP
• Pak Arab Fertilizer
LAN (UTP and Fiber) Projects – 3M, AMP, Avaya, FCI
• LUMS, Lahore
• University of Health Sciences (UHS), Lahore-Bahawalpur, Islamabad
• Millat Tractor, Lahore
• Coca Cola
• World Bridge International, Lahore
• Pepsi Cola International
• National Bank of Pakistan, Lahore Region
• Kot Addu Power Company (KAPCO), Kot Addu
• Kohinoor Maple Leaf Group (KMLG)
• IT Services Management System (ISO 20000:2005) - QMS
• Certified Quality Assurance Auditor (ISO 9001:2000) – BVQI
• TQM in the Services Sector – National Productivity Organization (NPO)
• Introduction to Project Management (PM) – Pakistan Institute of Management
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) – Corvit Systems
• Advance Wireless LAN Field Engineer (AWLANFE) – Corvit Systems
• Panda Security Solutions – Panda Pakistan
• Diploma in Computer Programming (DCP) – Govt. Islamia College W.R, Lahore
Workshops and Seminars
• Cisco Unified Communication by Cisco Systems at PC, Lahore
• Cisco Security (ASA) by Cisco Systems at PC, Lahore
• 3M Certified Cable Installer – 3M Technologies
• IBM Tivoli by IBM Pakistan at Serena Hotel, Islamabad
• Optical Fiber Technology at Corvit Systems
• Panda Internet Security (Panda Gate Defender) at Panda Pakistan Office, Lahore
• Sales Workshop on IBM Products (Servers and Storage) at Corvit Networks
• Cisco Wireless Mesh Technology session by Cisco Systems
• Technical Support Services for 1T partners by Cisco Systems at PC Hotel, Lahore
• Implementation of VPN Security (IPSec) at Corvit Systems
• Organizational Project Management Maturity Model (OPM3) at Holiday Inn, Lahore
• Tips and Tricks for AirMagnet Laptop Analyzer, 1 hour webinar by AirMagnet
• WiMAX Applications at Corvit Systems