1. Text4baby Enrollment Data Access: Outreach Partner Training May 30, 2012
2. Webinar Agenda1. Goal for access: Driving enrollment2. Process for obtaining access3. Instructions for logging in4. Data definitions5. Instructions for basic analysis in Excel6. Q&A
3. Webinar AgendaGoal: By obtaining access to zip-level enrollment data, partners will be able to:1) Assess enrollment for their communities, including analyzing enrollment in particularly high-risk areas.2) View, in real-time, how specific outreach initiatives and marketing efforts are impacting enrollment.3) Use real-time feedback to enhance outreach efforts to drive enrollment in text4baby.
4. ProcessIf you… Submitted a Data Use Agreement, via fax or email, in the last week, you will receive an email from email@example.com within the next week containing instructions and credentials. Submitted a DUA sometime before the last two weeks and have NOT RECEIVED an email with instructions and log-in credentials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org Are looking to conduct a formal evaluation on text4baby and need more data than available to you now, please contact Jessica for a Data Request Form. There is a separate process for these requests.
5. URL: https://text4baby.voxiva.net/text4baby/
6. Gives total ever enrollment for this state. Iffilters are added (e.g., to show only people To protect user PHI, in Philadelphia or only Active users), this zip codes are notnumber will change and reflect the total for shown if there are 5 that specific category. Partner can filter or fewer users in thatdown to the zip code level, and can filter on zip multiple variables at once.
7. Gives the URL that was used to enroll. Gives total URLs such as this one:enrollment across all http://www.text4baby.org/index.php/sigstates (national-level) n-up-widget?url=santaclaracounty via the web since indicate the user enrolled using an 7/7/2011 . Must use enrollment button that has been placed filter function to get on an Outreach Partner website.total number of userswho enrolled via the web from your state since 7/7/2011.
8. Data Definitions: Unique UserUnique User An individual who has completed an enrollment form (SMS or web) using a unique phone number. There will only be one Unique User in text4baby associated with a unique phone number.
9. Data Definitions: Enrollment DateThe date that a Unique User first enrolled in thetext4baby program, via text or web.This is a date value in the format (Mon DD, YYYY) withtimestamp in EST.
10. Data Definitions: ProtocolThe message protocol that the Unique User is enrolled in is based on eitherthe due date or birth date provided during the most recent interaction withthe system. If the date provided is in the past (relative to date of enrollment or update), it is considered a birth date and user is enrolled in the New Baby protocol. If the date is in the future (relative to date of enrollment or update), it is considered a due date and user is enrolled in the Pregnancy protocol. The date provided cannot be more than 9 months in the future (for Pregnancy) or more than 12 months in the past (for New Baby), or an error message is sent during enrollment. A user cannot enroll without a valid date.Value can be “Pregnancy” or “New Baby.” This is a text value.Note: If the user is cancelled, the value displayed will reflect the protocolthe user was in when they cancelled. This value is present for all UniqueUsers since program launch (2/2/2010).
11. Data Definitions: StatusThis is the current status of the user at that point in time.Values can be: • Active: User is currently being sent messages in a protocol OR user has completed a protocol, defined as follows: For Pregnancy: User reaches and/or passes the most recent Due Date provided without cancelling. For New Baby: User reaches baby’s first birthday (calculated as 1 year from most recent Birth Date provided) without cancelling. • Cancelled: User has texted in the word STOP (has opted out of the service).
12. Data Definitions: LanguageThe message protocol the Unique User is enrolled in based onthe keyword (BABY for English and BEBE for Spanish) submittedduring the most recent interaction with the system. If theUnique User has a status of Cancelled, this represents thelanguage protocol they were in upon most recent cancellation.Value is English or Spanish. This is a text value.All English protocol messages are provided in English. AllSpanish protocol messages are provided in Spanish.This value is present for all Unique Users since program launch(2/2/2010).
13. Data Definitions: Type*New*The type of text4baby user reported by the Unique User duringenrollment (web or SMS). Options include: (1) Pregnant, (2)New Mom, (3) Dad/Parent, (4) Relative/Friend, and (5)Healthcare Provider/Observer.This question was implemented starting with users whoenrolled on 2/29/2012. Please note that these data may beshown for some users who have Enrollment Dates prior to2/29/2012 if they quit the service and re-enrolled after2/29/2012; this is because upon subsequent enrollment, theywould have in fact been asked this question.
14. Data Definitions: Zip CodeThe five-digit zip code value that a Unique User entered during firstenrollment.This data must be entered in five-digit format for a user to completeregistration and enroll in text4baby.This is a numeric value. (Note: formatting errors in Excel may causethe number to appear as a four-digit value if it begins with or endswith “0”. Please format the cell to “Special – Zip Code”.)Note: For zip codes in which there are five or fewer enrollees, the zipcode value will be hidden. This is to meet requirements aroundprotecting the Personal Health Information of the users.
15. Data Definitions: Referring URL*NEW*Referring URL captures the URL used by Unique Users who enroll intext4baby via the web. If no URL is displayed then the Unique Userenrolled in text4baby via SMS (not via the web). These data are onlyavailable for users who enrolled on or after 7/7/2011.Values can be:• http://text4baby.org/ = A Unique User who enrolled using the shadow box on the text4baby website.• http://www.text4baby.org/index.php/sign-up?url= A Unique User who enrolled using the enrollment button on the text4baby website.• http://www.text4baby.org/index.php/sign-up?url= [insert Outreach Partner website URL] = A Unique User who enrolled using an enrollment button that has been placed on an Outreach Partner website.
16. North Carolina Promotional Efforts PSAs launch Number of 7/26/11 New Unique Users Date (January 1, 2011 through August 11, 2011) NC moved from 28th place in the State Contest on 7/19 to 1st on 8/29 In the week from 7/26 to 8/2, 451 people in NC enrolled; for the week between 7/19 and 7/26, only 110people enrolled in NC. This is an increase of 400%. Enrollment spikes were concentrated around specific times, corresponding with when the PSAs were beingshown.
17. Q&A and ContactContact Instructions and Information:Please contact Jessica Bushar at email@example.com only for requests and questions regarding data.Please contact your account manager, per the chart below for all other questions related to the program, includingfor promotional materials. If you are ever unsure who to contact, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and wewill route your request. Lindsay Handelsman Kathleen Murphy Luisa Soaterna-Castaneda Lhandelsman@hmhb.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Connecticut Alaska Alabama Delaware California Arizona Georgia Illinois Arkansas Idaho Kentucky Colorado Indiana Louisiana Washington D.C. Kansas Maine Florida Minnesota Maryland Hawaii Montana Michigan Iowa Nevada Missouri Massachusetts New Hampshire Nebraska Mississippi North Carolina New Jersey New Mexico North Dakota New York Pennsylvania Ohio Oklahoma Puerto Rico & US territories Rhode Island Oregon South Carolina South Dakota Vermont Tennessee Utah Wisconsin Texas Washington Wyoming Virginia West Virginia