1. G A L I C I A N P L A Y W R I G H TM A Y 1 7 2 0 1 3G A L I C I A N L I T E R A T U R E D A YROBERTO VIDAL BOLAÑO
2. Roberto Vidal Bolaño He was a Galician playwright and actor. Galician literature day is dedicated to him this year.
3. Galician Literature Day It is a public holiday observedin Galicia. It has taken placeon May 17 since 1963. The first celebration tookplace in 1963 tocommemorate the centenaryof Cantares gallegos, the firstwork written in the Galicianlanguage by Rosalía de Castro(1837–1885), who laterbecame one of the mostimportant poets in the historyof Galicia. Cantares gallegoswas first published on May17, 1863 and this year wecelebrate its 150 anniversary.
4. His personal life He was born in Santiago deCompostela. He was born on July 31,1950. He died when he was 52 onSeptember,11 (2002). He was an actor and a writer. He was from Galicia. And hislanguage was Gallego.
5.  He married twice. In 1976 he married LauraPonte Santasmarinas butthey separated in 1988. He married BelenQuintans in 1992. His both wives wereactresses. He had three children:Roi Miguel and Carme.
6. He was an actorA directorA producerHis professional lifeHe worked in a bankFilmsPlays
7. He was a playwrightSome of his works: ( in Galego) Laudamuco, señor de Ningures (1976, Pico Sacro) Bailadela da morte ditosa (1980, 1992, Sotelo Blanco). Agasallo de sombras (1992, El Correo Gallegos). Cochos (1992, Sotelo Blanco) Días sen gloria (1992, Deputación da Coruña) Saxo tenor (1993, Xerais) As actas escuras (1994). Touporroutou da lúa e do sol (farsada choqueira paraactores e bonecos, ou viceversa) (1996, AS-PG). Doentes (1998, Deputación da Coruña). A ópera de apatacón: versión libre para charanga e comediantespouco ou nada subsidiados (1998, Xerais). Rastros (1998, Positivas)
8. He was an actor He worked in films and in television series. Un mundo de historias (2000) Amor Serrano (1999) A lingua das bolboretas (1999) A noiva de medianoite (1997) Un café de ollos verdes (1992) Memorias dun parado(1991) O resplandor da morte (1991) Morosos (1990) Sempre Xonxa (1989) Os outros feirantes (1989) Novo de Parmuíde (1987)
9. His theatre With his theatre production he tried to give us a criticalapproach to the society of his time and the events taking placethen. He also tried to renovate and restore the importance of theGalician theatre. Criticism, innovation , experimentation &independence are the main characteristics of his work. He wrote, he acted and he lived in Gallego in a period whenGallego speakers and writers were not really well considered. His theatre companies were: Grupo Abrente Grupo Antroido Teatro do Estaribel Teatro do Aqui
10. Criticism and Awards He was an excellent author and theatre writer . He was awarded with some of the most well-knowntheathre awards : Abrente, O Facho, Cuidad deValladolid, Rafael Dieste, Alvaro Cunqueiro , Xacobeo92, Eixo Atlántico, Maria Casares… His figure and his works are considered essential in theGalician theatre. He is not only honored in Galicia but also in the rest ofSpain ( Complutense University in Madrid; the BasqueUniversity ; Deusto) but also in foreign countries such asRusia, Argentina, Brazil, Italy, Portugal and UK.
11. Acknowledgements Photos and information taken from Google. Some of his acting can be seen in YOUTUBE. His theatre plays and writings are being reeditedthis year and are worth reading!!• TETEG2013