1. Time: 11:30 – 12:15Location: Room 3Title: Misleading Validations: Be Aware of Acceptance Criteria (en)Presenter: Anand Ramdeo
2. MISLEADING VALIDATIONS Be Aware Of Acceptance Criteria Anand Ramdeo @tes@nggeek
5. Life is short, art long, opportunity ﬂee4ng, experience treacherous, judgement diﬃcult Hippocrates (460 – 400 BC)
6. Men are disturbed not by things, but by the views which they take of them. Epictetus
7. Project is progressing well and was delivered on 4me. Customer is not happy. Project is progressing well and was delivered on 4me, however customer is not happy because upgraded version corrupted their exis4ng data.
8. Tes4ng – Problem Dopamine – Green to discover is good Informa4on to theory Conﬁrma4on bias – Sprint = tunnel Don’t ques4on vision theory Narra4ve fallacy – if Working system something does aVer every commit-‐ fail. Lucid Fallacy
9. NO YES
10. Deﬁne context? What do you mean by context? How this principle helps me on – every single day? The value of any prac4ce depends on its context. How do I know if I am following this principle? Can I consciously check if I am following this principle?
11. What do we get by rejec4ng the no4on of best prac4ces? If an approach always work in a given context, does it not become best prac4ce in that context? There are good prac4ces in context, but there are no best prac4ces. Does it not make it easier for starter? When do we know if a prac4ce is becoming best prac4ce – in our mind?
12. How do you deﬁne most important? What do you mean by working together? People working together are the most important part of any project’s context. What if someone is not a good team member and s4ll delivers the What other factors are most? considered in branding people as most Are they important important? even if they are not delivering?
13. So what – what does it tell me? How does this principle help me? How do we plan if we know its unpredictable? Projects unfold over 4me in ways that are oVen not predictable. What if project turns How do I know if I am out to be predictable? following this principle or not following this principle?
14. Product works or does Product usually is a not work – is it a binary collec4on of problems, thing? What if there are what if most problems workarounds? are solved and few are not solved? The product is a solu4on. If the problem is not solved, product doesn’t work. Is it important to ﬁnd a problem? How does it help in my tes4ng ac4vi4es – during planning & execu4on?
15. Does it have to be challenging? What if How do I know if what I you know pa_ern and am doing is intellectual don’t need to work or not ? hard to ﬁnd? Good soVware tes4ng is a challenging intellectual process. What happens if I don’t What do you mean by ﬁnd it challenging or intellectual process in intellectually engaging? tes4ng?
16. Only through judgement and skill, exercised coopera4vely throughout the en4re project, are we able to do the right things at the right 4mes to eﬀec4vely test our products.
17. Given That 4me runs out or par4cipants are bored When speakers have nothing more to say or can not answer Then speaker say thank you for your 4me and a_en4on. Anand Ramdeo @tes4nggeek
18. We depend on your feedback in order to improve the quality of this conference. Please kindly complete your feedback form.At the end of the day feedback forms will be collected by the exit. Thank you.