1. KING ARTHUR AND THE 12 KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE By Emigdi Subirats
2. <ul><ul><li>Once upon a time </li></ul></ul>Uther Pendragon During the terrible war between the Saxons and the Britons, Prince Pendragon, Uther ’s brother, was killed in battle. Uther had the name of the prince : Uther Pendragon. Needing comfort in a time of blindness and dispair, Uther took great confidence in his advisor, Merlin, who had also served the former prince. At Uthur's demand, Merlin have magically sent enormous stones from Ireland, to form the burial place of Prince Pendragon. Now known as Stonehenge.
3. <ul><li>Merlin then went to Carlisle to form the Round Table, seating numerous nobles of the country. They promised by Oath to serve each other and their country with the most imperial manner possible. Soon after, at the big festival of Carlisle, Uther got in love with Igrain , wife of Gerlois, Duke of Tintadiel. Not happy with the King's conduct, Gerlois and Igrain left the festival of their king. Uther needing disguise to fight for Igrain, declared Gerlois a rebel. The king then sent battle into Tintadiel, confining Gerlois, and asking another favour of Merlin. </li></ul>
4. <ul><li>This allowed Uther enough time to enchant the Dutchess. One dark and somber night, Merlin, with magical powers, transformed Uther to mirror Gerlois. The deceitful Uther and Igraine concieved a child. In time, the Duke was killed, Uther married Igrain, and produced a son, Arthur. </li></ul>
5. <ul><li>At his birth, young Arthur was taken by Merlin, as payment for Merlin's sorcery. Ector, a true and noble knight, raised Arthur, with his own son Sir Kay. His childhood was pleasant and free of problems. At the age of 15, Arthur saw a sword in a stone nearby. Arthur noticed an inscription on the stone - &quot;He who so ever draws forth this sword from the stone will be the rightful king of England.&quot; Arthur effortlessy pulled the sword from the stone, proclaiming himself the new King of Britain. </li></ul>
6. <ul><li>The magical sword of King Arthur, formally known as Caliburnus, is known as a mystical power, and a vital part in King Arthur's reign of Camelot. </li></ul><ul><li>According to legend, this great sword, Excalibur was broken in battle against King Pellinor. It was later returned to Arthur by The Lady of the Lake . </li></ul><ul><li>The sword helped Arthur, until his death, at the Battle of Camlann. </li></ul>
7. <ul><li>The Knights of the Round Table </li></ul><ul><li>Important in the legend. Seekers of virtue and a defender of the weak. Looking for excellence. Acting with strength on one hand, and courtesy and respect on the other. The Knights shared the ideal of rightness and good heart. </li></ul><ul><li>They were nobles who used their considerable strength to defend the faith and becoming the physical defenders of the country and her ideals.The cannot fail or the society will perish. </li></ul><ul><li>Here are Arthur's most beloved Knights of the Round Table. </li></ul>
8. <ul><li> </li></ul> Merlin A magician, prophet and advisor, crucial to the reign of Arthur. According to legend, Merlin had no human father. He was the creation of an evil spirit, that had intimacy with sleeping women. Intended for evil, Merlin escaped his fate thanks to babtism when he was young. Merlin served King Arthur all his life. He was the key instrument in Arthur's birth, and prophecized his death by the hands of Sir Mordred . Merlin created the Round Table, originally made for King Uther. He was in love with the Lady of the Lake. Soon after, she became much more powerful than Merlin. After his death, Merlin was buried at Bryn Myrddin (Merlin's Hill) near Carmathen in Wales.
9. PC: if a person/organization holds the copyright on pictures, please contact me: email@example.com the end