Note que ambas as orações são compostas da seguinte forma: Sujeito+Verbo+Objeto, e o que é objeto em uma é sujeito na outra. They will write that letter. (Eles escreverão aquela carta). That letter will be written by them. (Aquela carta será escrita por eles).
Somebody cleans the office every day. (Alguém limpa o escritório todo dia). The office is cleaned every day. (O escritório é limpo todo dia).
Somebody cleaned the office yesterday. (Alguém limpou o escritório ontem). The office was cleaned yesterday. (O escritório foi limpo ontem).
South Africa produces about half of the world’s gold.(A África do Sul produz cerca de metade do ouro do mundo). About half of the world’s gold is produced by South Africa. (Cerca de metade do ouro do mundo é produzida pela África do Sul).
Anyone can plant a tree. (Qualquer um pode plantar uma árvore). A tree can be planted by anyone. (Uma árvore pode ser plantada por qualquer um).
Shakespeare wrote “Romeo and Juliet”.(Shakespeare escreveu “Romeu e Julieta”). “Romeo and Juliet” was written by Shakespeare.(“Romeu e Julieta” foi escrito por Shakespeare).
Somebody is painting the door. (Alguém está pintando a porta). The door is being painted. (A porta está sendo pintada).
Martin washed his car yesterday. His car was washed yesterday.
She is making a cake now. The cake is being made now.
She was making the cake when I arrived. The cake was being made when I arrived.
Rewrite the given sentences in Passive voice.Example:Frank built a house.Answer:A house was built. or A house was built by Frank 1) She bought four apples.. 2) We won the match.. 3) The man stole the blue car.. 4) The police arrested the thieves.. 5) Jack swam the 200 metres.. 6) The dog bit the old lady.. 7) Tom and Max ate five hamburgers.. 8) Oliver taught the children.. 9) Victoria rode the brown horse.. 10) Grandmother told good stories.
3) The man stole the blue car.The blue car was stolen.
4) The police arrested the thieves.The thieves were arrested.
5) Jack swam the 200 metres.The 200 metres were swum.
6) The dog bit the old lady.The old lady was bitten. 7) Tom and Max ate five hamburgers.Five hamburgers were eaten. 8) Oliver taught the children.The children were taught. 9) Victoria rode the brown horse.The brown horse was ridden. 10) Grandmother told good stories.Good stories were told.
Rewrite the sentences using Passive voice.Example:Peter writes a letter._________________Answer:A letter is written. orA letter is written by Peter 1) Julia rescued three cats.. 2) The students handed in the reports.. 3) Maria crashed into the blue car.. 4) Alex learned the poem.. 5) Steven has forgotten the book.. 6) The mechanic has not repaired the DVD recorder.. 7) They play handball.. 8) Sue puts the rucksack on the floor.. 9) The girls had lost the match.. 10) The teacher is not going to open the window.
1) Julia rescued three cats.Three cats were rescued.
2) The students handed in the reports.The reports were handed in.
3) Maria crashed into the blue car.The blue car was crashed into.
4) Alex learned the poem.The poem was learned.
5) Steven has forgotten the book.The book has been forgotten.
6) The mechanic has not repaired the DVD recorder.The DVD recorder has not been repaired. 7) They play handball.Handball is played. 8) Sue puts the rucksack on the floor.The rucksack is put on the floor. 9) The girls had lost the match.The match had been lost. 10) The teacher is not going to open the window.The window is not going to be opened.
Rewrite the given sentences in Passive voice.Example:Frank builds a house._________________Answer:A house is built. or A house is built by Frank. 1) Mr Jones watches the film.. 2) The people speak English.. 3) He reads comics.. 4) We play volleyball.. 5) They sing the song.. 6) I take photos.. 7) She does the housework.. 8) The policemen help the children.. 9) He writes text messages.. 10) Mother waters the flowers.
7) She does the housework.The housework is done.
8) The policemen help the children.The children are helped.
9) He writes text messages.Text messages are written.
10) Mother waters the flowers.The flowers are watered.
Rewrite the given sentences in Passive voice. Sometimes there are two possible answers (two objects in the active sentence).Do not use contracted/short forms.Example:Tim gave Lisa some flowers.______________________Answer:Some flowers were given to Lisa by Tim. or Lisa was given some flowers by Tim. 1) They don't speak English in this shop.. 2) Kevin asked Dennis a question.. 3) Somebody built the house last year.. 4) She gives him a box.. 5) The waiter brought Fred a big steak.. 6) Somebody broke into our bungalow last Friday.. 7) The teacher told us a joke.. 8) They will meet Doris at the station.. 9) Michael has not sent me a text message.
Respostas 1) They don't speak English in this shop.English is not spoken in this shop. 2) Kevin asked Dennis a question.Dennis was asked a question by Kevin. 3) Somebody built the house last year.The house was built last year. 4) She gives him a box.He is given a box.
5) The waiter brought Fred a big steak.A big steak was brought to Fred.
6) Somebody broke into our bungalow last Friday.Last Friday our bungalow was broken into.
7) The teacher told us a joke.We were told a joke by the teacher.
8) They will meet Doris at the station.Doris will be met at the station.
9) Michael has not sent me a text message.I have not been sent a text message.
Put in the correct form of the verb in Passive into the gaps. Use the verb and the tense given in brackets.Example:A letter __________ by Peter. (to write - Simple Present)Answer:A letter is written by Peter. 1) The words_____ by the teacher today. (to explain - Simple Present)
2) We_____ a letter the day before yesterday. (to send - Simple Past)
3) This car______ . It's too old. (not/to steal - will-future)
4) This street________ because of snow. (already/to close - Present Perfect)
5) A new restaurant _______next week. (to open - will-future)
6) He __________to the party yesterday. (to invite - Simple Past)
7) The blue box_______ . (can/not/to see - Simple Present)
8) I the book ________by my friend last Sunday. (to give - Simple Past)
9) The dishes__________ by my little brother. (not/to wash - Present Perfect)
10) I___________ by Robert. (not/to ask - will-future)
1) They don't speak English in this shop.English is not spoken in this shop.
2) Kevin asked Dennis a question.Dennis was asked a question by Kevin.
3) Somebody built the house last year.The house was built last year.