Many companies are facing business improvement opportunities such as compliance requests, poor data quality, and data security/privacy just to name a few. How do you tackle these challenges and gain business value from your data warehousing initiatives? It’s important for your professional services company to understand, not only the technology, but YOUR industry and business issues, so that the right technology solution can be created to meet your specific needs. We’d like to show you how Teradata Professional Services has helped others, with these issues. and can help you tackle your thorniest problems…
Warren Buffett is quoted as saying, “Risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing.” The building of your data warehouse will require time and investment, and it’s important the job gets done on-time, on-budget and with as little rework as possible. Your data warehouse consultant should be able to answer the questions posed above. Some consultancies have technical expertise, but little experience translating business requirements into technical requirements. Others have consultants who may know BI or ETL but have little data warehousing experience, especially with the Teradata platform. Still others may have an IT implementation methodology but not a data warehousing specific methodology. For faster business results with lower risk, the clear choice is Teradata Professional Services.
The value of Teradata Professional Services is clear: Expert industry consulting – we understand our customer’s industry, customer, and pain points Deep experience and skills- Teradata Professional Services consultants have deep technical expertise in data warehousing, business intelligence tools, applications, and data management technologies. Complete Data Warehouse Service Provider- Teradata can help fulfill your data warehousing vision through our comprehensive services portfolio. Because Teradata provides a truly unique solution based on the simplicity of an integrated data warehouse, we offer data warehousing services tailored to many diverse industries Data Warehousing Focus – we are focused solely on the DW market. Other consulting companies will put general BI or tools consultants on a DW project and expect them to sink-or-swim. We apply our DW experts to the tasks. Our services provide an accelerator for faster time-to-value Faster Business Results - We’ve been making it happen with more than 25 years of experience building more than 1,200 data warehouses. Our customers represent some of the best-known Global 2000 and Fortune 1000 companies. We’re measured by the results our customers achieve through industry recognition of best-practices and via awards. Another attribute of track record is lower risk.
Technology consulting is much different than industry consulting. Industry consultants understand your unique industry, it’s pain points and challenges, and have developed solutions to meet those needs. Each industry is different and it’s important to have data warehousing consultants who have deep and practical experience translating industry specific business requirements into technical requirements. Teradata Professional Services serves clients in all major industries (see Teradata Top 10 above) and has tailored solutions that can drive tangible business results for your enterprise.
Whether you are in healthcare, financial services or any other industry, you can be sure Teradata “speaks your language” and understands your key challenges. In fact, our industry experts are not only knowledgeable in your key industry but are also data warehousing experts. Our industry knowledge has been codified into unique tools we use to help accelerate time to market. These tools include: Logical data models (by industry) to structure and organize your data and translate into a physical data model. Enterprise Information / Data integration (i.e., EDW Roadmap) is a state-of-the-art visual tool used to intelligently plan the implementation of an enterprise data warehouse strategy Business Impact Models (for business case and ROI analysis) Business Improvement Opportunities by industry to tackle your unique pain points (inventory optimization for retail, track and trace for transportation, insufficient funds request for financial services etc…)
Choosing a consultant with deep experience and skills in data warehousing is key to the success of your project. Teradata consultants have an average of ten years experience in data warehousing and many are highly sought technical and thought leaders in their respective fields. Simply attend a Teradata PARTNERS User Group Conference and you’ll see what we mean. Our consultants also know what works in real life. Theory is nice, but sometime impractical. You can be sure you’ll have consultants who have real life experience with a data warehouse from Teradata. Your Professional Services team will bring best practices to the table—saving many hours of headache, delay and rework. Skills are another area that shouldn’t be underestimated, especially when it comes to the Teradata platform. Teradata consultants have unparalleled knowledge with Teradata—as you would expect—but also have technical skills with all third party BI and ETL vendors. We bring the skills to offer you a complete data warehousing solution.
Under the category of deep experience skills, we’d be remiss if we didn’t discuss Teradata's global coverage and broad consulting capabilities. With over 3,000 professional consultants with coverage in the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific/Japan you can be sure we can bring the right talent to your data warehousing project. We also have the right blend of skills at the right prices. Whether you are looking for onsite, onshore, or offshore resources, Teradata has the global talent to meet your specific needs.
A good methodology helps ensure quality, consistency and project timeliness. With the installation of a data warehouse, hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dollars are at stake. Sadly, many IT professionals choose to work without a methodology and, instead, choose a data warehouse based on their experience with other IT projects. While in some instances a successful implementation can be made without a methodology, in most cases, the project will experience missed tasks, schedule delays, cost over-runs and lack of user acceptance of the data warehouse. The Teradata Solutions Methodology is a patent-pending collection of integrated processes, customized tools and quantifiable metrics from initial strategic planning to technical implementation, user training and customer support. The Teradata Solutions Methodology is the product of more than 20 years of experience incorporating highly successful data warehousing solutions and is continually refined with best practices developed with many of the world's most successful data warehouses.
Teradata Professional Services is a COMPLETE data warehouse service provider. This “wheel” graphic contains 5 concentric circles highlighting: - Data warehousing consulting and services around data warehousing as the core of our business. - Professional services are enabled through our patented Teradata Solution Methodology (TSM) and our project management skill sets (Blue) - The red layer is the collection of professional service offers that we consider “foundation services”. You will see these services map closely to our TSM methodology. - All our core horizontal data warehousing services are delivered in an industry-specific manner (Orange outer circle) - Finally, there are multiple delivery options that fit the customer’s needs and budget including Accelerator Bundle offers.
Teradata Professional Services has a robust, end-to-end services portfolio that is a result of years of codified experience and assets from the field. In addition to core horizontal data warehousing services, we have industry specific offers to meet our client’s unique needs. For customers looking to supplement their Teradata resources, or completely hand over operational responsibility of their Teradata system, we have a terrific Managed Services offer. Courses and training are also available to keep our customers current on the latest Teradata releases and data warehousing trends.
Teradata is the only company with a core focus on the data warehousing market. None of our primary competitors, HP, Oracle or IBM can say this. In addition, our consultants bring a long term focus to our clients. We have been in the data warehousing business for more than 25 years! Our solutions are real and practical because we’ve implemented them before for over 1,000 customers. There can be no doubt, Teradata is committed to the data warehousing market and to the success of our customers. In short, we’re in it for the long haul and you can rest assured we will work hard to earn and keep your business!
So far we’ve discussed the value of Teradata Professional Services as bringing value to our clients; expert industry consulting, deep experience and skills, a complete end-to-end service portfolio, and a clear focus on data warehousing. The sum of all these value propositions is faster business results to our clients. We bring the right amount of process and rigor to an engagement (see our project management skills and methodology) Our methodology is patented by the US government and is codified from over 1,000 data warehouse engagements. Our experience, coupled with our methodology means faster time to market A quick review of Teradata.com will show case study after case study with tangible ROI.
Many large systems integrators, consultants, analysts and press seek out our professional services teams, because no one knows Teradata like Teradata. We are consultants to the consultants! Only Teradata Professional Services brings all the pieces of the puzzle together. Some consulting companies can claim to have a methodology (similar to TSM), some can claim industry expertise … NO other company brings all of these capabilities together with a core data warehousing focus.
Earlier in the presentation we asked some key questions. Your data warehouse consultant should be able to answer the questions posed above. For faster business results with lower risk, choose Teradata Professional Services
1. Teradata Professional Services – An Overview of Our Services Portfolio
2. Are You Experiencing These Challenges? <ul><li>We’d like to discuss how Teradata Professional Services has helped others and can help you! </li></ul><ul><li>When not just any consultants will do! </li></ul><ul><li>Meeting compliance requirements </li></ul><ul><li>Consolidating and integrating data from across the enterprise </li></ul><ul><li>Poor data quality </li></ul><ul><li>Ineffective data governance </li></ul><ul><li>Data security and privacy </li></ul><ul><li>Maintaining system performance </li></ul><ul><li>Managing the environment </li></ul>
3. Consultancy Checklist “ Risk comes from not knowing what you’re doing” Warren Buffett Key Questions for Your Data Warehouse Consultants Are my unique business and technical requirements fully understood? Yes No Are the consultants on my project steeped in data warehousing? Yes No Are expert resources available to staff my project? Yes No Are there proven processes to ensure on-time and on-budget performance? Yes No Is this provider committed to my success? Yes No Do they have the experience to capture value quickly? Yes No
4. Value of Teradata Professional Services Expert Industry Consulting Deep Experience and Skills 30 Years of Experience and Investment in Enterprise Data Warehouse Consulting Data Warehousing Focus Faster Business Results Complete Data Warehouse Service Provider
5. Expert Industry Consulting <ul><li>Teradata Consultants provide to top-tier companies: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Know-how to architect a data warehouse in a real-time environment </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Real life practical experience in a variety of industries </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Solutions that drive business value </li></ul></ul><ul><li>“ The Professional Services team was really good at getting to the core of our business; they understood the logical data modeling process and how the resulting model would help us answer those business questions.” </li></ul><ul><ul><li>– Chris Rellinger, Mgr of Statistical Analysis and Data Mgmt, Victoria’s Secret Direct </li></ul></ul>70% of Top 10 Global Retailers 80% of Top 10 Global Commercial & Savings Banks 100% of Top 10 Global Telco Firms 83% of Top 10 Transportation Logistic Firms FORTUNE Global Rankings, July 2009 Teradata Top 10 100% of Top 10 Global Airlines
6. Expert Industry Consulting <ul><li>Industry experts </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Industry Consultants hired from industries for their in-depth knowledge </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Data warehouse experts </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Experienced Teradata-certified consultants in all major industries </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Industry-specific tools </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Logical Data Models </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Enterprise Information and Data Integration Models </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Business Impact Models </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Business Improvement Opportunities </li></ul></ul>Retail Financial & Insurance Travel Healthcare & Life Sciences Transportation & Logistics Manufacturing Comm, Media & Entertainment Government
7. Deep Experience and Skills <ul><li>Experience </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Average data warehouse consultant has 10+ years experience </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Senior consultants are thought leaders and experts </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Practical and effective design and implementation concepts </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Real-life examples of best practices and “what works” captured from global engagements </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Skills </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Unparalleled depth of knowledge on the Teradata platform </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Technical skills across the entire data warehouse environment (ETL, BI etc…) </li></ul></ul>
8. Deep Experience and Skills <ul><li>Broad Consulting Capabilities </li></ul><ul><ul><li>3,000+ Teradata professional consultants </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Global coverage </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Blended delivery model (blending on-shore / off-shore capabilities) to meet your needs </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>We use a flexible partnering approach tailored to your business and technical needs </li></ul></ul>“ In our history with Teradata, they truly step up to the forefront as a partner. They’re always trying to look at what are your needs? All our implementations that we’ve done, different phases, different roll outs, different releases, they’ve always been at the table with us, beside us, living and breathing what we live and breathe everyday. – Loblaw Companies - Roman Coba – former Senior Vice President and CIO
9. Deep Experience and Skills Teradata Solutions Methodology A patented full-lifecycle development process TSM Process Estimates Templates Improve the Environment Develop the Deliverables Design the Solution Deploy the Solution Identify the Opportunity Analyze the Requirements Implement Lifecycle Manage Discover Teradata Solutions Methodology
10. Teradata Solutions Methodology Focused on Full Usage, Ease-of-use, Flexibility <ul><li>Teradata Solutions Methodology will: </li></ul><ul><li>Be the basis of how Teradata defines, develops, and delivers Services </li></ul><ul><li>Be integrated into the training for services, job roles, etc. </li></ul><ul><li>Reflect the field tools strategy </li></ul><ul><li>Establish checkpoints in the methodology to enable project governance and assessment </li></ul><ul><li>Promote continuous improvement </li></ul><ul><li>Unite the organization and our execution in providing quality services to our Clients. </li></ul><ul><li>Key changes to TSM: </li></ul><ul><li>Framework built around work flows by job roles </li></ul><ul><li>Framework enables the implementation of all service offers , not just EDW type services </li></ul><ul><li>Focuses more on process flow diagrams, assets, and templates; less on paragraphs of prose </li></ul><ul><li>Use of common activities across multiple service offers to increase consistency in delivery and tasks by role </li></ul><ul><li>New tool platform more simple to use and maintain </li></ul>
11. Complete Data Warehouse Service Provider <ul><li>Services to </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Justify </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Architect </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Design </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Build </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Any data warehouse – enabled by a patented and world class design and implementation methodology </li></ul>Data Warehouse Consulting Data Management DW Architecture and Design Performance Management Data Warehouse Migration Technology Partners Off–Shore Consulting Partners Off–Site Industry Consulting Managed Services Teradata Solutions Methodology Project Management Customer Education and Certification Analytical Integration On–Site <ul><ul><li>Analyze </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Tune </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Manage </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Extend </li></ul></ul>
12. Complete Data Warehouse Service Provider <ul><li>Industry Offers </li></ul><ul><li>Services Include: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Migration </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Architecture & Design </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Data Management </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Analytics and BI </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Performance </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Manage and Maintain Your Environment </li></ul><ul><li>Courses and Training Available </li></ul>
13. Data Warehousing Focus <ul><li>Teradata is the only company with an end-to-end product family and core focus on the customer’s full Data Warehousing needs </li></ul><ul><li>Consultants have 100% focus on data warehousing and long-term thinking </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Bringing sustainable, scalable and realistic solutions to our clients </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Committed to the market and customers </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Maintaining a vested interest in your success </li></ul></ul>
14. Faster Business Results <ul><li>Driving faster business results with lower risk </li></ul><ul><ul><li>The right amount of process and rigor with a “get-it-done” attitude </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Experienced Teradata consultants and a patented methodology equate to an overall faster time-to-market </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Customer case studies highlight ability to deliver return on investment </li></ul></ul><ul><li>“ What use is it to have a very good system if you don't have the people behind it to help you develop it to meet your needs? Teradata was extremely committed and devoted to helping us push the system forward.” </li></ul><ul><ul><li>– Vincent Hui, Bank of East Asia </li></ul></ul>
15. Sum of the Parts <ul><li>We are THE expert data warehouse consultants sought out by partners, clients, and analysts </li></ul><ul><li>Only Teradata brings all the pieces together </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Expert industry consulting </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Deep experience and skills </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Complete data warehouse service provider </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Data warehousing focus </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Faster business results </li></ul></ul>Teradata Consultants are the Trusted Advisors in all aspects of Data Warehousing and Enterprise Data Management
16. Sum of the Parts … Faster Business Results, Lower Risk Faster Business Results, Lower Risk Are my business and technical requirements understood? Are the consultants on my project steeped in data warehousing? Are expert resources available to staff my project? Are there processes to ensure on-time and on-budget performance? Is this provider committed to my success? Do they have the experience to capture value quickly?
17. Comprehensive Services Portfolio v.4 Data Warehouse Services Event-Based Marketing Workshop TRM Mobile Implementation TRM Implementation SAP Netweaver BW on Teradata BusinessObjects Explorer Quick Start SAS Warranty Analysis Credit Risk Advantage Comm, Media & Entertainment Retail Financial, Insurance & Healthcare Government Manufacturing Travel & Hospitality Transportation Life Sciences Application Services Industry Services Teradata Relationship Manager - TRM Business and Information Discovery Business Value Consulting Data Warehouse Governance Business Intelligence Competency Center (BICC) Maturity Assessment Consulting Migration Architecture & Design Enterprise Data Management Analytics & BI Performance & Systems Management Managed Services Business Intelligence Analytic Application Development Geospatial Temporal Performance Data Collection & Reporting Application Performance Capacity Management Multi-Temperature Workload Management Viewpoint Advisor Services * Systems Management Services Data Acquisition & Integration Data Governance & Stewardship Data Quality Data Modeling Master Data Management Metadata Management Data Security & Privacy Data Modeling Platform Family Services EDW Roadmap Data Lab Services * ADW Scoping Workshop Dual Systems/High Availability Storage Solutions EDW Implementation Oracle to TD Migration IBM to TD Migration Other DBMS to TD Migration Data Model Integration Data Mart Consolidation Teradata Upgrade Services Availability Management Services Education & Certification Services Customer Education & Training Teradata Certified Professional Program (TCPP) Project Management Services SAP Integration Analytic Advantage Optimization Services Business Insight Advantage Other Applications Finance & Performance Management (FPM) Demand Chain Management (DCM) Business Value Services SAS Integration Programs
18. For more information visit …. <ul><li>http:// www.teradata.com/t/services/professional -services/ </li></ul><ul><li>Thank You! </li></ul>