2. Initial assessment of theMaster Program Accreditation documents and approvals necessary – required internal accreditation Academic person in charge of the MA – A. Tadevosyan Administrative person in charge of the MA – M. Hovannisyan
3. Decision of the University to start the MA
4. Status quo report Analysis of the existing national legislation Since 2010 Armenia has introduced Bologna process Three cycle system (bachelor-master- doctorate) Credit transfer system Students’ and academics’ mobility Accreditation of European quality assurance standards Continuous education
5. Status quo report Listof existing Master programs at university ○ MD in General medicine ○ MD in Stomatology ○ MS in Pharmacy ○ MPH ○ MD in Military medicine Integrated Bachelor
6. Status quo report Curricula of existing MD (last year) Specialization in preventive medicine available thru residency Epidemiology – 1 year Hygiene - 1 year Organization of Health Care – 2 years
7. Status quo report Internal regulations of the University regarding Master programs procedures of grading assessment procedures of ongoing knowledge assessment regulative documents of teaching methods procedures of admission and expulsion of students
8. Analysis of the political framework Education Quality assessment and assurancecenter was established in 2011.Functions Analyzes of all components of quality of education processes and assurance of their compliance with strategy of university. Internal audit of education processes
9. Status quo report Analysis of existing resources in the university Facilities – 9 own, 8 – rented 12 auditoria in central campus administrative staff – 101 academic staff – 643 PC – 674, scanner – 48, fax – 7, TV – 278, projector – 85, audio/video player – 29, Cameras – 230, photo camera – 12, Xerox – 52
10. Library Books and journals – 91.595 names Total issue - 523.359 units 18 Universities, Republican Medical and National Academy of Science Libraries Network Digitalization of library in a process
11. Basic Resources Faculty of Public Health Chair of Hygiene and Ecology Chair of Social Medicine and Medical Law Chair of Epidemiology Chair of Organization of Health Care and Economics
12. Additional Resources Faculty of General Medicine Chair of Philosophy (Bioethics) Chair of Medical Psychology Chair of Infectious Diseases Faculty of Military Medicine
13. Curricula characteristics Hygiene Environment and Health – 4.5 ECTS Occupational Health – 3 ECTS Nutrition and Health – 3 ECTS Children and Adolescent Health – 1.5 ECTS Total 12 ECTS
14. HygieneLearning outcomes Knowledge Environmental factors and their influence on health. Adaptation processes of human in different environmental conditions. Use of environmental factors for preventive purposes. Principles of prevention of the negative consequences of work. Influence of occupational specific factors on health. Assessment of occupational factors. Alimentary diseases. Nutrition as a social factor. Assessment methods of health status of children and adolescent. Specific factors influencing on health of children and adolescent.
15. HygieneLearning outcomes Skills To be able to measure and assess the environmental factors To be able to use environmental factors for preventive purposes To be able to measure and assess occupational factors To be able to assess quality of food. To be able to provide hygienic assessment of children populaion
16. Curricula characteristics Epidemiology – 15 ECTS General epidemiology Special epidemiology Communicable diseases Non-communicable diseases
17. Curricula characteristics Social Medicine Health concepts, health indicators 3 ECTS (?) Health risk communication/media communication 1.5 (?) Social Changes and Health 1.5 (?) Health Policy 1.5 Social work and social work technologies 1.5 Leadership 1.5 Health promotion, empowerment Problem solving
18. Social MedicineLearning outcomes Knowledge Research methodology of population morbidity, mortality, reproduction and disability. Research methodology of diseases, which are social issue. Organization and assessment of work of inpatient and outpatient health care facilities. Basics of organization and assessment of hygienic and antiepidemic services.
19. Social MedicineLearning outcomes Skills To be able to use official healthcare statistical data. To be able to use appropriate methodology for research of medico social problems of public health. To be able to assess health care indicators. To be able to organize hygienic and antiepidemic services. To be able to work out and implement preventive programs to control risk factors, and assess their effectiveness.
20. Curricula characteristics Management and Marketing Marketing and social marketing Health economics Hospital administration Organization of Health Care Delivery Health Care Systems – comparative Study
21. MarketingLearning outcomes Knowledge Basics of marketing, main staitments and problems. Pecularities of market of medical servicies. Mechanisms and pecularities of price formation of medical servicies and items. Demend of medical servicies and items. Mechanisms and methods of advertising of medical servicies. Leasing in healthcare system. Content and characteristics of social marketing.
22. MarketingLearning outcomes Skills To be able to organize and implement marketing researches in healthcare field. To be able to assess demand of medical servicies and items, to organize their development and advertisment. To be able to chose appropriate methods of price formation and to form competitive prices for medical servicies and items. To be able to organize leasing in healthcare system. To be able to organize social marketing procedures.
23. ManagementLearning outcomes Knowledge Basic rules of organization development Basic rules of collisions and problem development in organization and managment methods. Basic procedures and methods of managment. Ensurance of comunication wihtin organization. Quality assessment of medical servicies and goods. Basics of managment of material and financial resourses. Technology and forms of formation of managerial decision-making.
24. ManagementLearning outcomes Skills To be able to use official healthcare report data. To be able to analyze and assess morbidity of population, to determine demand of different medical services. To be able to plan activity of department of curative and preventive service. To be able to make rational decisions for reaching appropriate results. To be able to increase competiveness and viability of organization. To be able to assess the quality of services and design measures for continuous development. To be able to manage collectives, to use encourage methods, to have communicating skills. To be able to manage conflicts and problems within collective. To be able to ensure supervision of paper circulation in organization.
25. Curricula characteristics Biostatistics and Evidence Based Medicine Study Design Methods of Qualitative Research Methods of Quantitative Research Database management
26. Biostatistics and Evidence BasedMedicineLearning outcome Knowledge Basics of biostatistics Methods and structure peculiarities of research program and planning. Peculiarities of statistical methods and basics of choosing of methods. Statistical PC programs. Skills To be able to use official healthcare report data. To be able to plan research program and to implement it. To be able to choose appropriate design of research, analyzing methods and statistical tools. To be able to implement statistical methods in research. To be able to design statistical report.
27. Mandatory Modules Military medicine (field therapy) Medicine of Disasters
28. Other Disciplines Medical Law Bioethics Mental and Behavioral Health
29. Methods of teaching used in each course seminars, lectures, research, small group works, laboratory work Grading scheme 10 point scoring (Letter equivalents in diploma)learning outcome based assessment of knowledge and skills of students 3 stage assessment (test, skills, oral examination, thesis)
30. Number of ECTS 30 ECTS per semester. 120 ECTS - two years of MP,
31. Students of the new MasterProgram Entrance requirements Only students with medical background (at least Bachelor of medicine) and knowledge of English may apply for master courses. Selection criteria for new students Admission examination English skills – reading, writing and speaking Computer skills – Windows OS or Macintosh OS, MS office
32. Students of the new Master Program Potential career paths on the labor market for graduates CDC, antiepidemic and hygienic inspectorate, local and federal public health departments, managers of Health Care Organizations, Graduates may apply for other master or postgraduateprograms within YSMU. System of student evaluation of the courses Oral examination, test, assessment of thesis and presentation, skills assessment.
33. ICT Installed ICT resources Notebooks, multifunctional printers, projector and screen are installed and ready to be used with photo cameras and camcorders in teaching process Project website www.ysmu.am
34. Cooperation with TEMPUSPartners Student mobility plan involving the other TEMPUS partners One module (Social work and social work technologies) will be held at YSU.