1. The place where two plates move
apart or diverge is called a divergent
2. Can you explain this diagram!?
3. This is a model of sea floor spreading at a
divergent boundary is called a mid ocean
4. Oceanic crust diverging from
5. : www.ocean.udel.edu
Did you know that the Earth’s longest mountain range is
underwater and is called the mid-ocean ridge?
The Mid-Ocean Ridge system, shown above snaking its way
between the continents, is more than 56,000 kilometers (35,000 mi)
long. It circles the earth like the stitching on a baseball!
6. Continental crust diverging from continental
7. African rift valley
8. Iceland’s rift valley
9. A transform boundary is a place where
two plates slip past each other, moving in