How to Make Homemade Macaroni
By Teja P
Information from Ehow.com
Homemade macaroni and cheese is an…
• American classic and a true delight.
• Easy to make in the kitchen
This recipe serves about four
• 1/2 pound of penne pasta
• 1/2 cup of butter
• 3 tbsp. of minced fresh onion
• 1/2 tsp of white pepper
• 1 1/2 tbsp. of flour
• 1 tbsp of mustard
• 1 1/2 cups of milk
• 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
• 1/3 cup of bread crumbs
• 11 X 14 inch baking dish
• Cheese Graters (if needed)
• One small sized stockpot
• One medium-sized wooden spoon
• One measuring cup (if needed)
• Gather up all the ingredients
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
• Boil pasta in salted boiling water.
– After tender, drain and reserve.
• Melt 1/3 cup of the butter in a
saucepan over medium heat and
add the onion.
– Cook for two minutes.
• Add the white pepper and flour to
– Cook for three to four minutes until
• Add the mustard and milk and bring to
Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
The sauce will thicken in time span.
It should be very thick but not gluey.
Add more milk if it thickens too much.
• Once the sauce has simmered for at least 10
– Add the cup of grated cheddar cheese
– Shut off heat on stove
– Stir cheese as it melts
• Cheese should “blend in” to sauce
• Next, toss the pasta in the cheese sauce
– Make sure the sauce gets inside the pasta tubes
• Place the pasta in the baking dish
• Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top
• Bake for about 30 minutes
The top should be golden and toasted.
• You got yourself a delicious homemade
macaroni and cheese!
For more information
Contact me through email
– Questions and Answers
– Extra Help or Information
Or View the macaroni and cheese recipe on Ehow