Show of hands, how many of your are Web Developers in any capacty?End/Power UsersAdminstrators?Who has previous experience with CSSPrevious experience with Content Editor Web PartPrevious Experience with HTML at all.
What is OOB (Screen Shot)It looks like well…SharePoint80/20Does 80% of what you need out of the boxProblem?The remaining 20%Visually it’s well… SharePointBeautiful Branding of SharePoint site by using SharePoint Designer, and custom development creating master pages, and site pages. Deploying WSP solutions etc…But that’s probably another session.
What can you do with CSS? Lots Sizing, Text Effects, Contextual Layout Change Colors, Drop Shadow, Emboss, Rounded corners on images, background images, etc…Today we will focus on a fewText and Styling effects using some simply CSS tricks, and CEWP.
How does this work?We insert what we can inline CSS that loads after the master pages CSS file. Basically the last class to load is that one you see. (It’s okay to cut in line)The Content Editor Web part is used as a method to display html, text, tables, pictures almost anything you would like to display into a SharePoint page.http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-sharepoint-services-help/about-the-content-editor-web-part-HA001160897.aspxThere are three ways you can add content to the Content Editor Web Part:Rich Text Editor Using this editor, you can type formatted content automatically without prior knowledge of HTML syntax. Use the buttons on the standard and formatting toolbars at the top of the window to enter and format the content. Click Help on the standard toolbar to display a summary of the tasks you can perform and their corresponding buttons.Source Editor Using this editor, you can enter or modify HTML source code. The Source Editor is a plain text editor and is intended for users who have knowledge of HTML syntax.Content Link Instead of editing content, you can link to existing content by entering a hyperlink to a text file containing HTML source code. The two valid hyperlink protocols you can use are:Hypertext Transfer Protocol (http://)Hypertext Transfer Protocol with privacy, which uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption (https://)You can use an absolute URL or a relative URL. However, you cannot use a file path. IMPORTANT If the Content Link property links to a file that is located outside the Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services site and the site does not have anonymous user access enabled, then you cannot access the file.
Created by John Resig, released in 2006.jQuery is free, open source software, dual-licensed under the MIT License or the GNU General Public License
What can you do with jQuery? Lots!Just a few areInput Masks, Image Sliders, Tabbed Content, Collapse and Expand buttons
HERO? OR VILLAIN?
2 | SharePoint Saturday St. Louis 2012
Thanks to Our Sponsors! Platinum 3 | SharePoint Saturday St. Louis 2012
Thanks to Our Sponsors! 4 | SharePoint Saturday St. Louis 2012
5 | SharePoint Saturday St. Louis 2012
6 | SharePoint Saturday St. Louis 2012
7 | SharePoint Saturday St. Louis 2012
20% 80% 8 | SharePoint Saturday St. Louis 2012
9 | SharePoint Saturday St. Louis 2012
colors 10 | SharePoint Saturday St. Louis 2012
11 | SharePoint Saturday St. Louis 2012
12 | SharePoint Saturday St. Louis 2012