1. Flickr, Creative
(a little bit of )
Jess McCulloch e: firstname.lastname@example.org t: @jessmcculloch
VITTA Conference, November 2010
3. PART 1 - TASK
• Go to the following link and find out more
about what CC is, what licences are available
and how you get one.
There will be a quiz in a few minutes…
4. Q1 – What does this logo stand for?
5. Q2 – What about this one?
6. Q3 - and this one?
7. Q4 - another one…
8. Q5 – What can’t you do to work that
has this as part of its CC license?
9. Q 6 – Decipher this licence
10. Q7 – How can you get your own CC
11. PART 2
12. Go to Flickr and take the tour:
Be back soon to answer some qs…
13. How do you know where a photo was
14. What is a tag and why are
15. What is one way to find your friends
16. How can you stop the public from seeing photos
you don’t want to share?
17. Name two places you can post your Flickr photos directly to.
Wanna share your awesome some with crowds
18. What is one way you can upload your
photos to Flickr – without directly
using the Flickr site?
19. What’s the point of Flickr Groups?
20. PART 3 – Flickr + CC
Here are two places you can go to search for CC
images on Flickr –
or, my personal fave –
Try a few searches and choose a photo that
represents you. Then figure out how to save it to
your computer. Remember to save the attribution
information as well!
21. PART 4 – Flickr in your
• There are heeeaaaaaps of sites out there that use Flickr photos for
one function or another. A couple of my favs are:
Spell With Flickr
Type in any word and it spells it with letter images from the Flickr
CC database - works with non-English words.
Type in a search term and Tag Galaxy collects images into a sphere
that you can spin. You then click on each image to see larger
22. Head here for some classroom ideas
and some more Flickr tools…
Have a look around at some ideas and some
other Flickr tools.
How will you use CC images in your classes?