1. MODULAR OBJECT-ORIENTED DYNAMIC LEARNING ENVIRONMENT <ul><li>a Course Management System (CMS), also known as a Learning Management System (LMS) or a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). </li></ul>
2. <ul><li>a Free web application that educators can use to create effective online learning sites. </li></ul>TECHNOKIDS MOODLE
4. FEATURES <ul><li>Runs without modification on Unix, Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, Netware and any other system that supports PHP 4.3.0+ </li></ul>
5. FEATURES <ul><li>Designed in a modular way - allows flexibility to add/remove functionality at many levels. </li></ul>
6. FEATURES <ul><li>Promotes a social constructionist pedagogy </li></ul>
7. FEATURES <ul><li>Moodle is suitable for 100% online classes as well as supplementing face-to-face learning </li></ul>
8. FEATURES <ul><li>Moodle has a simple , lightweight, efficient, compatible, low-tech browser interface. </li></ul>
9. FEATURES <ul><li>Most text entry areas (resources, forum postings, journal entries etc) can be edited using a capable, embedded WYSIWYG HTML editor </li></ul>
11. MOODLE INTERFACE <ul><li>Can be displayed in either Weekly , Topic or Social format. </li></ul>
12. SETTINGS - Teacher
13. Resources <ul><li>Teachers can provide course resources in various formats - pages edited in Moodle, uploaded files or web links. </li></ul>
14. EDITING FEATURES <ul><li>The EDIT view allows the teacher to add content, edit content, add activities and resources, rearrange content, and “hide” content from students. </li></ul>Moves activity up or down in relation to other Allows lecturer/teacher to edit the resource/activities properties Deletes resource or activity Hides resource/activity from students
15. Calendar / Blocks <ul><li>Allows you to enter events in various categories (User, Course and Site).
16. You have the option to also show upcoming events, assignments etc., and recent activity in the course. </li></ul>
17. Chat <ul><li>Real time conversations between users via web. </li></ul>
18. FORUM <ul><li>A posting area where students can create or contribute to a topic with their own comments (AKA bulletin board or discussion) </li></ul>
19. QUIZ tool <ul><li>The Quiz activity module allows the teacher to design and set quizzes consisting of a large variety of Question types, among them multiple choice, true-false, and short answer questions. </li></ul>
20. QUIZ TOOL <ul><li>These questions are kept in the course Question bank and can be re-used within courses and between courses.
21. Quizzes can allow multiple attempts. </li></ul>
22. Quiz Information and Grades
23. Glossary The Glossary feature in Moodle acts as a definition resource - entries can be set to create highlighted hyperlinks within the course itself.
24. Assignments Assignments (online, offline) can be delivered to students, and they can upload files which you can grade online and give feedback.
25. Reports User activity on Moodle can be monitored using the Logs option. This features levels of detail from module, to student details, grouped by date and time
26. Other Features/ Activities (tools) <ul><li>Blogs
27. Wikis </li></ul><ul><li>Quizzes with different kinds of questions
31. Data field types (for the database activity)
32. Peer assessment </li></ul><ul><li>Multi-language support (over 60 languages are supported for the interface  )
33. Moodle is modular, can be extended by creating plugins for specific new functionality.
34. Graphical themes
35. Authentication methods
36. Enrollment methods
37. Content Filters </li></ul>
38. Moodle Community Discussion http://moodle.org/course/
39. “ The important thing is not so much that every child should be taught, as that every child should be given the wish to learn. ”