Week #: 01
Date: August 18 – 22, 2008
Title of the lesson: Keyboarding Lesson (E-Files Journal Topic)
Level: Computer Literacy for Grade 2
At the end of a 40-min. class, 90% of the students are expected to:
a. Know what keyboarding is,
II. Subject Matter
The Keyboard, Different Mouse Pointers
III. Tools and Materials
NSS, Computer, E-Files Journal
• Checking of attendance
• Assigning of new computer stations per student
• Distribution of E-Files Journal
• Read aloud page 4 of E-Files Journal.
• Let the students look at their keyboards and see the arrangement of the keys.
• Let the students underline important terms to remember.
• Read aloud page 8 – 9 of E-Files Journal.
• Review parts of the mouse for left, right and double click.
• Show samples of mouse pointers used in the journal. (see journal page 8 – 9)
o Arrow – normal pointing arrow used to select objects
o Arrow with hourglass pointer – appears when the computer is still “thinking”
o I pointer – is used when typing or when you are working on a word processor; used
to highlight the text. (MS Word, Wordpad, etc)
o Critter – select graphical area to cut, copy or paste a picture (application: MS Paint,
o Pointer with a question mark – tells you what a “thing does”
o 4 arrow pointer – tells you that a picture, after selecting it, can be moved in an area
you’ve selected. (applications: MS Paint)
o Circle with a slash pointer – tells you that the option is not available
o Pen pointer – used when the computer wants to write something. (application: MS
• Do page 7 of the E-Files Journal at home
• Study page 4, 8-9 of the E-Files Journal. Be ready for Quiz 1 next meeting.