Immaculate Heart of Mary College
D. Savio St. Better Living Subdivision
Title of the Lesson : Assignment 10: Compose a Picture Poem
Level : Computer Literacy for Grade 2
Week 3: February 4-8, 2008 4th Assessment Period
1. Compose own picture poem.
2. Use the Insert clip art and Word Art skills to make a Picture Poem.
3. Appreciate the picture done.
II. Subject Matter
Insert Clip Art, Word Art, Object Order tool, Picture Poem
III. Tools and Materials
TechnoPoet handbook, Computer, NSS
Show and demonstrate the following on how to make a Picture Poem using the NSS Show
Insert a Clip Art
1. Click the Insert Clip Art on the TechnoPoet toolbar.
2. Click inside the Search for box and type the word for a picture you would like to use.
3. Press Enter.
4. Click on a clip art to put it into the document.
5. Close the Insert clip art dialog box by clicking the Close button (x).
Format the Text Wrap of the Clip Art
1. Click on the Clip Art.
2. Click the text Wrapping tool on the TechnoPoet toolbar.
3. Choose Tight.
4. Resize the clip art and move.
1. Click the Insert Word Art tool on the TechnoPoet toolbar.
2. Make a choice from the gallery by double clicking on the desired design.
3. In the Text Window, replace the words Your text Here with a descriptive word about your
4. Click Ok
Format the Text Wrap of the Word Art
Click on the word and change the text wrapping to Tight
Change Object Order
1. Click on the Word Art and then click the Object Order tool on the TechnoPoet toolbar.
2. From the menu make a choice on the Object Order list.
3. Complete the picture poem by adding at least 3 Word Arts and change the object order to
make the picture poem.
Rate the Picture Poem done by the following criteria:
Text Wrapping Tools usage --------- 5 pts Inserting Clip Art ----------- 5 pts
Word Art -------------------------------- 5 pts Total------------20 pts
Descriptive words --------------------- 5 pts