RED PEPPER SOUP DETOX CURRY PUMPKIN
4 large red peppers
2 Tbsp oil ( grapeseed or olive)
1 onion chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
1 pumpkin or butternut squash, peeled
1 tbsp curry powder
4 cups vegetable broth 2 tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice 1 med onion sliced
½ Tbsp Pepper 4 cups vegetable stock
Fresh basil/ cilantro/or parsley black pepper Re-energize
(4 tbsp live natural yoghurt to serve, but
not during the detox
1. Cut the red peppers in half and remove
all the seeds. Place side down on a
baking sheet and broil until skins are 1. Cut the peeled pumpkin into chunks. Heat the
blackened. Cool. olive oil in a large pan and add the sliced onions.
2. Meanwhile sauté onions and garlic Cook gently over a low heat until all vegetable
until transparent. are softened.
3. Chop red pepper and add to the sauté 2. Stir in the curry cook, stirring for a further minute.
onion and garlic mixture. Cook for 2-3 Add the pumpkin and the vegetable stock and
minutes. Add the vegetable broth, and
season black pepper.
simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Bring the soup to the boil and simmer for about 30
4. Add lemon juice and blend in a
minutes, until the pumpkin is tender. Blend in a
blender so you get a smooth consis-
tency blender or food processor.
5. Season with pepper and garnish with
parsley, coriander or basil
To a healing
Mini nesa by kicak/pelletier
Soups during a detox help make the
stomach feel satiated. Remember to LAURA’S DETOX LAURA’S DETOX
use only vegetable stock either in a ROASTED VEGGIES SOUP CAULIFLOWER AND
cube or made fresh. BROCCOLI SOUP
2 large carrots, peeled
PETUNIA’S BEET SOUP 1 medium potato, peeled
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 celery stalks
4 medium beets, peeled 3 garlic cloves, chopped
2-3 cups cauliflower florets 2 cups broccoli, cut into small pieces
2 carrots, peeled
2-3 cups broccoli florets 2 cups cauliflower, cut into small pieces
2 celery sticks 4 cups water
1 medium onion
3 tbsp olive oil 1 potato, peeled and diced into small
3 garlic cloves
2 onions, sliced pieces
3 tsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed ½ cube vegetable bouillon
¼ tsp of salt
4 tomatoes, chopped
1 bay leaf 3 tsp curry powder (or to taste)
1. Sauté onion and garlic in oil on medium
1 tbsp parsley ½ tsp red chili powder (or to taste)
heat until translucent, about 5-7
4 peppercorns 4 cups hot water minutes.
5 cups vegetable stock
2. Add broccoli, cauliflower, water, potato,
Black pepper 1. Preheat oven to 350
and bouillon cube.
2. Cut veggies into chunks and put into large mixing
1. Chop beets, carrots and celery bowl. 3. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to
a simmer for 20 minutes or until
into thick strips. 3. Add olive oil and salt and stir until all veggies are vegetables are tender.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and cook the onions coated. Spread veggies into single layer on a
over low heat for 5 minutes. sheet pan. 4. Remove from the heat.
3. Add the garlic and chopped tomatoes to 4. Roast veggies for 20 minutes, then turn with 5. Using an immersion blender, food
the pan and stir for 2 minutes more. spatula. Roast another 10-20 minutes or until processor, or blender, puree the soup
4. Add the herbs to the pan with vegetable veggies are tender and browned on the edges. until smooth (you will have to do this in
stock. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for batches if not using an immersion
5. Put roasted veggies into food processor or blender).
1 1/2 hours or until vegetables are very blender and add a little hot water. Blend until
tender. pureed. 6. Return to the pot and set back on a
6. Transfer to a large saucepan and add the warm burner to heat through. Season
remaining hot water (or as much as you need for with a small
the consistency you want), curry powder and red amount of salt
chili powder. Heat and serve and pepper
as per your
Thank you to Laura Gordon for donating both these
recipes that she created during her detox program.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.