2. IntroductionSamsung unveiled their much-anticipated smartphone, after a long wait, theSamsung Galaxy S III. The phone, much like its predecessor – Galaxy S II, hastop-drawer specifications and has potential to grab people’s eyeballs.Samsung made a lot of improvements, both in terms of hardware specs, andfeatures. Being full of features, and having lot of horsepower under its hood, itcan give competition to any smartphone available in market today. That bring usto a question, Will it be able to give really hard competition to arch rival iPhone4S? Let us try to find out.
3. Comparison at a Glance:
4. The ScreenSamsung has once again outdone themselves. Galaxy S III boasts of HD Super AMOLED PenTile display, measuring 4.8” with a resolution of 1280×720 and 306 PPI. But they are yet to outdo Apple iPhone 4S, which has 326 PPI for its 3.5-inch screen. iPhone 4S beats Galaxy S III in resolution comparison.
5. CamerasThe Galaxy S III boasts of two cameras with the ability to shoot in HD. The rear camera has a resolution of 8 MP, capable of shooting HD at 1080p at 30fps and pictures with stunning quality. It has 1.9 MP camera in the front that can shoot HD at 720p. The rear camera matches the one available in iPhone 4S, of 8MP, capable of recording HD at 1080p. Galaxy S III wins for the front camera though, as iPhone 4S only has a VGA camera in front.
6. The ProcessorSamsung Galaxy S III comes with a mighty 1.4GHz Exynos 4 Quad-core processor along with 1GB of RAM memory. iPhone 4S on the other hand has an Apple’s A5 1GHz dual-core chip. Also, iPhone has only 512 MB RAM. With more processing power and double sized RAM, Galaxy S III wins in this segment as well.
7. Voice RecognitionSamsung also unveiled S Voice, which is Samsung Galaxy S III’s voice assistant and is seen as direct competitor of Siri in iPhone 4S. The quality and effectiveness of S Voice will only be known once the device launches in public, but it can give Siri a tough competition to Siri, which was used by Apple aggressively for promotion of iPhone 4S.
8. ConclusionThose who enjoy the Android OS will prefer the Samsung, and the Apple iOS fanboys will prefer the iPhone. In my opinion, with its features and better hardware, Samsung Galaxy S III seems to have an edge over iPhone 4S. It will be interesting to see how it matches up to iPhone 5, which is scheduled for launch later this year. What are your views about the comparison? Let us know in comments below.
9. No matter what you prefer from the two, you will agree that what really makessmartphones useful, be it Samsung Galaxy or iPhone, are the useful apps. At TechAhead,we have created hundreds of beautiful apps which are very user friendly, and helpbusinesses as well. If you have iPhone apps development or Android applicationdevelopment requirement, you can reach us on firstname.lastname@example.org for a FREE 30minutes no obligation consultation with our mobile apps experts($200 value). 5/7/2012