1. By Annette E.ScienceMay 2013Mr. Castrellóns Room 207
2. Habitat Orcas live in the oceans but most of them live in icywaters. You can also find orcas in seas all over. Theyclearly prefer higher latitudes and coastal areas overpelagic environments.
3. Diet Orcas eat seabirds, seals, sea lions, smallerdolphins, fish, squid, penguin and they also eatdifferent kinds of whales. They do not eat humans.Orcas hunt varied prey. Fish eating Orcas prey onaround 30 species of fish, particularsalmon, herring, and tuna.
4. Orcas Collage
5. Info General facts and interesting The Orca has a black dorsal fin, a little blow hole, around melon, a small mouth, 2 black eyes, 2flippers, and a beautiful flukes. Did you know thatOrcas are part of a dolphin family but the Orca is justbigger and it has a rounder head.
6. Art & PoetryOrcasOh orca, oh orcaYou are the bestYou jump in and out of waterAnd I guessed!Orcas are prettyAnd really cool,I love orcasThey’re so bigAnd they playWith you or sometimesDon’t like youAt all.But I don’t careBecause orcas are pretty coolAnd I hope their cool for you.By Annette E.
7. Orcas in literature
9. Book ListBurnie, David. Animal EncyclopediaSimon, Seymour. Killer WhalesStonehouse, Bernard. A Visual Introduction toWhales, Dolphins and PorpoisesInternet ArticlesKiller Whales. Wikipedia.