GRADE 7 - MAPEH
• WHAT IS PHYSICAL FITNESS?
• Physical fitness is a set of abilities that one
possesses in order to perform physical
• A physical activity is any bodily movement
produced by the contraction of skeletal
muscles that results in a substantial increase
in energy expenditure.
1. HEALTH-RELATED PHYSICAL FITNESS
• It consists of those specific components
that have a relationship with good
health, or a lower risk of illness,
particularly hypokinetic diseases and
• It includes cardio-respiratory endurance,
muscular endurance and strength,
flexibility and body composition.
2. SKILL-RELATED PHYSICAL FITNESS
• It consists of components that have a
relationship with learning motor skills quickly
and the ability to achieve a high level of
performance in sports.
• It consists of agility, balance, coordination,
power, reaction time and speed.
3. PHYSIOLOGICAL FITNESS
• Relates to biological systems that are
influenced by one’s level of habitual physical
activity. Unlike HRF and SRF which can be
measured through performance tests using
hand-held or portable devices (like sit-and-
reach and the weighing scale) that can be
conducted in the field or classrooms.
• It includes metabolic fitness, morphological
fitness and bone integrity.
• Define the words below and write your answer
on your notebook.
• 1. cardio-respiratory endurance
• 2. muscular endurance
• 3. muscular strength
• 3. flexibility
• 4. body composition
• 5. agility
• 6. balance
• 7. coordination
• 8. power
• 9. muscular
• 10. strength
• 11. flexibility
• 12. body composition
• 13. power
• 14. time
• 15. speed