2. Simple Present UseWe use the simple present to talk about habits, routines and facts.
3. Form We add an –s to third person singular. He works at home every weekend. She plays with her niece and nephew at 5. The dog sleeps in the patio every night. She goes home at 2 pm. Juan does his homework in the evening.
4. Do or Does ? Weuse the auxiliary DO or Does to make questions and negative statements Joe doesn’t eat breakfast at home. I don’t go to the gym I prefer to walk to the lake. Margarita doesn’t take classes with me everyday.
5. Yes/no questions. We need the auxiliary verb to make questions. Do you have a job? Yes I do or No I don’t. Does she take the bus to school ? Do you live here? No I don’t Does Marco go to the gym? Yes he does.
6. Make a 24 hour clock withyour daily activities Write your activities and routine in the simple present YOU HAVE 10 minutes Hurry !!!
7. Here is a sample
8. Everyday activities Go to school Go to school Take a shower Study (English) Eat (breakfast, lunch, Check (email/facebook) dinner) Make phone calls Do homework Cook (breakfast, lunch, Clean the house dinner) Get dressed Wake up Read Work out Take the bus Rest or relax Sleep Go out with my Brush (my) teeth girlfriend/boyfriend Put (my) make up on Make my bed Come home
9. To talk about timeI have class FROM 7 am TO 3 pmI check my email AT 4pm. When do you …(activity) ? What time do you …(activity)?
10. Compare Please compare your clock in groups of 5. Write a sentence about each classmate in the group. Don’t forget to use S for he or she.
11. Write Write your partner’s activities. E.g.Juan sleeps from 10 to 5 a.m. He wakes up at 5 a.m. He goes to school FROM 7 a.m. TO 3 p.m.